Acting on own initiative, the Area Sales Manager is responsible for meeting and exceeding company objectives and sales goals as well as maintaining strong wholesaler relationships and customer interactions within the local market. This position may have single state or multiple state area responsibilities.
• Promotes and sells all Delicato Family Wines brands to meet and/or exceed company sales quotas, while also identifying sources of new business opportunities
• Develops effective wholesaler objectives based on plan, monitors and measures performance versus goals, communicates set objectives and priorities to wholesaler partners, and takes appropriate corrective action if goals are not being met
• Develops and maintains key account and target lists; develops relationships at top level accounts both individually as well as with the wholesaler partners
• Executes assigned programs as directed and, upon approval, introduces creative programs based on market needs and conditions
• Follows pricing policies that capitalize on market opportunities while delivering company profitability
• Schedules and leads effective wholesaler sales meetings involving all levels of management; coordinates monthly meetings with wholesaler sales teams
• Coordinates tracking reports with wholesalers based on agreed upon goals, tracks programs, and ensures solid program execution
• Submits required reports and expenses in a timely manner, meets all prescribed deadlines
• Responsible for managing activities in compliance with state and federal laws and regulations
*Other duties may be assigned
• Manages point of sale (POS) and marketing materials needed for accounts; orders sales tools to ensure a timely and effective market execution
• Assists in quarterly business reviews with wholesalers
• Educates wholesaler and customers on products and merchandising priorities
• Conducts wine tastings, fund raisers, trade shows and other wine events for and with wholesalers
• Monitors inventory and shipment levels to ensure depletion and profit goals are achieved
• Encourages cross-functional relationships throughout the organization with different departments
*Other duties may be assigned
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's Degree with emphasis in Business Administration, Sales and Marketing, or related field strongly preferred
• 3-5 years combined experience with wine suppliers and/or wholesalers in selling wines, building brands, and customer relations
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Market knowledge, wholesaler relationship building and management skills, excellent verbal and written communication
• Strong presentation, analytical, planning, organizational, merchandising, and negotiation skills
• Ability to successfully execute sales plans and marketing strategies
• Ability to understand and apply market intelligence to sales strategy; read and evaluate sales and marketing reports, analysis, and trends
• Ability to stay current with company brands, programs, initiatives, policies, and procedures as well as products offered by the company's competition
• Genuine and persuasive presence to influence decision-makers
• PC literate with solid knowledge in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and knowledge of Syndicated Data
• Knowledge of wine and wine industry required
Certificates and Licenses
• Valid driver's license, auto insurance, and vehicle required with an acceptable driving record
• Requires ability to travel frequently and flexibility in schedule to work evenings and weekends as needed
• This is a remote position that requires working from home
• Occasionally may be required to lift and carry cases of wine
• Required to talk & listen
• May need to determine color, taste and smell of wine using eyes, tongue, and nose
• May be exposed to weather-related temperature & humidity extremes
• Operates keyboard & mouse
• Acts in a manner reflective of the Company culture of High Moral Standards, Innovation and Continuous Evolution, Trust in Team, Continuous Improvement, and Sustainable Relationships
• Communicates, interacts, and works effectively with others; receptive to feedback and coaching; voices concerns in a constructive manner
• Demonstrates commitment to safety first; communicates safety concerns; promotes a safe work environment based on established safety standards and training
• Follows all Company policies and procedures
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of the position at any time.
California Pay Transparency Disclaimer: This is a Exempt position. The pay range for this position is $81,543.12 to $127,512.00.
Actual placement within range will be contingent upon a number of factors, including but not limited to the candidate's qualifications, education, experience, internal equity and alignment with market data.
Delicato Family Wines offers its employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts. Other benefits include 401(k) with generous company match, discretionary profit sharing, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, wine & merchandise discounts, tuition reimbursement, gym discounts & many more.
Delicato Family Wines is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.