As the Host/Cashier, you'll be responsible for greeting and guiding guests as they arrive at The Prisoner Wine Company (TPWC) Tasting Lounge and for ensuring a hospitable and professional atmosphere while providing our guests with the highest level of service possible in a friendly and efficient manner.
* Warmly greet incoming guests and respond to any questions they have regarding TPWC
* Anticipate and address the needs of our guests in a warm, friendly manner
* Answer phone calls and maintain reservations via reservation system
* Organize guest tour requests to maintain an efficient tour process
* Offer guests suggestions on local restaurants and visitor experiences in the Napa Valley
* Maintain a neat and clean greeting area for guests
* Assist with general day-to-day Tasting Lounge operations as needed
* Attend all staff meetings as required
* Process customer transactions, including shipping orders, on a retail POS system using a stationary register or tablet
* Pull and wrap wine and merchandise orders from the Lounge and Makery
* Courteously interact with guests; answer inquiries, assist with wine or merchandise selection, suggest upsell items
* Assist guests with transporting purchases to their vehicle or arrange for pick-up, shipment or delivery.
* Take customer shipping orders in compliance with wine shipping regulations
* Actively work to support customer data capture
* Work cooperatively with other departments, including Hospitality and Production staff, to achieve goals and maintain open channels of communication.
* Adhere to all safety regulations; maintain a clean, orderly and accident-free work space at all times
* 1-3 years' experience in a high-volume, luxury retail, restaurant or hospitality environment required
* Must present a polished and professional image
* Must be an organized multi-tasker and be able to remain calm under pressure in a busy work environment
* Must maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers
* Must possess solid and proactive Customer Service skills
* Must be a flexible, proactive team-player
* Must be enthusiastic and friendly and be able to communicate well with individuals of diverse backgrounds
* Proficient with PC software including Microsoft Word and Excel
* Intermediate math skills
* Foreign language skills a definite plus
* Food handler certification required
* 1-3 years of college or equivalent higher education
* Knowledge of CellarPass reservation system
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Must be able to lift 55 lbs
* Must be able to work extended hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
* Must be able sit and/or stand for long periods of time, and work on a computer for extended periods.
* Must be able to work both inside and outside in varied weather conditions.
* Must have a valid driver's license.
* Must be at least 21 years of age.
The pay rate for this role is $22.00. This role is eligible to receive tips. We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), and any other benefits to eligible employees. Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company's sole discretion, consistent with the law.
St. Helena, California
Hospitality & Retail
The salary range for this role is:
$17.26 - $24.84
This is the lowest to highest salary we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee's pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, the prevailing minimum wage for the location, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, any collective bargaining agreements, and business or organizational needs. We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), and any other benefits to eligible employees.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company's sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).
Not sure you meet all qualifications? Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! We are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.