Dineen Vineyards is family owned and operated Estate vineyards and winery located in the Yakima Valley just north of the town of Zillah, Washington. Our vineyards are planted on a unique hill-top area that is especially well suited for growing premium wine grapes. Our brand is centered on our vineyard, which is recognized as one of the best in the state. Our wines crafted to reflect the quality of our vineyard site and are styled to express elegant fruit, velvety tannins, freshness, and balance.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES: Our commitment to excellence is a top priority and we are seeking a dedicated and experienced General Manager. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of identifying what needs to be done to achieve goals and implementing actions to achieve results. This hands-on role will be responsible for meeting and exceeding sales goals, expense targets, ensuring the highest customer satisfaction levels, managing staff and contributing to business and brand development efforts. This is an exciting opportunity for a passionate and dynamic individual to contribute to the growth of our brand and success of our business.
This position reports to the Owner and will serve as an integral member of the team. Duties include:
• Leading sales and hospitality for our sales channels including direct to trade, distribution and direct-to-consumer channels; including the tasting room, web-sales and wine club. Ensure team meets sales, membership, and customer data goals.
• Ensure a professionally run wine tasting room, overseeing all service, budget, inventory controls, operational and compliance aspects.
• Plan and execute event and business development programs that align with the brand and on budget; including building relationships with key partners.
• Recruit, develop, and retain a professional team. Mentor associates and equip them with the skills needed to sell wine, club memberships and encourage repeat business. Manage team schedule and staffing levels in line with sales and expense goals.
• Support building brand awareness through direct marketing, social media and events that drive tasting room traffic and sales. Represent the brand at off-site events to expand customer reach.
• Manage facilities & grounds in line with brand image.
• Lead policy development, SOP implementation, and documentation to ensure compliance with Health & Safety regulations, ADA requirements, out-of-state shipping, licensing regulations, and alcoholic beverage laws.
• Meet and exceed wine sales goals by increasing traffic and conversion.
• Ensure exceptional hospitality to all customers encouraging repeat business.
• Establish and maintain a successful referral network.
• Lead, train, mentor, and coach a successful team.
• Successfully manage administration and operational duties.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
• Must be 21 years of age and able to lift and carry 48 pounds.
• Minimum 3 years of wine Tasting Room experience, with at least 1 year in a management role meeting company sales goals
• Strong knowledge of wine and WA Wine
• BA or B.S. degree preferred
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, POS, Wine Club software and Social Media applications.
ATTRIBUTES & VALUES
• A passion for and knowledge of wine, WSET a plus
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively to execute tasks effectively.
• A team player with strong leadership skills
• Strategic and creative thinker capable of identifying and executing new opportunities for profitable business growth.
• A curious mind with demonstrated commitment to learning, collaboration and constant improvement.
• Goal oriented with analytical skills to formulate strategies based on data.
• Highly organized, flexible, quick to learn, and adaptable.
• A positive attitude, hardworking, humble yet ambitious. Ability and desire to foster a productive and collegial work-place environment while working closely with the team and family ownership. A sense of humor and generous spirit
This is a full-time position. The role reports directly to the owner with compensation commensurate with experience and background. Interested applicants should apply with a resume and cover letter. On-site housing may be available.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.