SUMMARY: DTC Manager, Mark Herold Wines
Join our dynamic, tight-knit team at Mark Herold Wines as the next leader in DTC and Hospitality! Mark Herold Wines is an ultra-boutique winery with a small-but-mighty portfolio of high quality wines sourced from some of the most sought-after vineyards in the Napa Valley, made by one of Napa's first cult Cabernet producers. Our passion is introducing our top-tier wines and "eclectic luxury" culture to as many clients and industry colleagues as possible, while supporting and uplifting each other to the highest realm of success.
The DTC (Direct to Consumer) Manager will guide the Sales and Hospitality team in driving sales growth and serve as the face of Mark Herold Wines to the community through polished hospitality skills and strategic outreach tactics. Key to this position is strong leadership, enthusiasm, consistently exceptional and enthusiastic customer service, professionalism, organization, attention to detail and timely execution.This role is an opportunity for a self-motivated individual to introduce, implement and manage new ideas and protocol that help grow tasting room sales and attract, build and maintain a loyal customer base for Mark Herold Wines. The DTC Manager will be accountable and responsible for all aspects of the Tasting Room operations in conjunction with the Director of Sales & Marketing. These responsibilities include management of DTC sales, staffing, outreach and wine club.
The primary role of the DTC Manager is to be the face of Mark Herold Wines through polished hospitality skills both on and off premise and outreach initiatives around the community. An ideal candidate will have impeccable leadership skills and provide a positive, professional working environment for their team. Additional responsibilities include establishing hours of operation, curating tasting menus, managing inventory of collateral materials including wine club brochures & tasting cards, tasting room employee protocol/handbook as staffing needs evolve, and stocking of necessary supplies.
• Sales: Responsible for generating sales through guest tastings, phone sales, special event bookings and corporate gift sales.
• Staffing: Additional staff may be added when business levels and/or an expansion of hours dictate. Maintain a monthly schedule. Manage all tasting room employees.
• Marketing: Responsible for collaboration on a quarterly tasting room marketing calendar with Director of Sales & Marketing. Regular social media maintenance as benefits
• Outreach: Responsible for building trade partnerships with hotels, resorts, wineries, restaurants, limo drivers and other related businesses to drive traffic and sales.
• Wine Club: Responsible for working with the Wine Club Manager on building wine club membership to meet annual sales objectives. Checking in with Wine Club Manager
regularly to ensure club maintenance and club runs are being executed smoothly, assisting/supporting when necessary.
• Financials: Responsible for meeting sales goals and reporting budget vs. actual with Director of Sales & Marketing, controlling/reporting pour costs, maintaining profitability.
Additionally, responsible for ensuring all invoicing related to the Tasting Room and expense reporting is provided to accounting in a timely manner and weekly cash deposits
• Events & Off Site Tastings: Attending industry events for networking as needed, to establish any necessary hotel relationships for tasting nights and representing MHW at these events, proposing any direct to consumer related events/tastings or travel to help increase sales revenue.
• Inventory: Managing regular inventory counts and providing these to accounting by the 5th day of each month. Working with Wine Club Manager to maintain appropriate inventory levels for wine club shipments. Collaborate with Mark Herold and the Director of Sales & Marketing on projections for future production numbers to satisfy sales
• Prior management experience strongly preferred
• Strong, positive leadership skills
• Ability to plan, prioritize, multi-task and follow up. Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
• Enthusiasm for hospitality and excellent communication skills both oral and written.
• Computer skills including Word, Excel, CRM. The ability to read and report financial statements a plus.
• Ability to work weekends or evenings as needed. Ability to travel when necessary.
• Ability to lift up to 40lbs.
• Wine knowledge.
• Annual Salary: $75k-90k, DOE
• Health, dental and vision package
• Paid vacation time
• 401k Retirement Savings benefit plan with up to 10% matching
• Annual year-end bonus award based on objective and subjective criteria. Candidate will be eligible for an annual bonus on individual qualitative goals, based on company financial achievement.
• Tuition reimbursement for wine-related career education
• Quarterly wine allocation
• Varied employee discounts on wine purchases
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.