About the role
We are currently recruiting for a Part Time with possible for Full Time Tasting Room Ambassador with a background in customer service, a good eye for detail, and truly enjoys fostering a wonderful experience for every guest that visits the property. As a Tasting Room Ambassador, you will be the main point of contact for our guests, so a polite and friendly demeanor are a must. They must be able to increase sales at the winery site by promoting the winery as a Luxury Winery to on-site visitors as well as host wine tastings and assist in retail operations.
* Set-up and host wine tastings or food, wine pairings and tours for guests
* Act as a backup for other Ambassadors who are conducting tastings and tours
* Operate cash registers
* Work in tele-sales as necessary
* Promote the brand by visiting concierge & drivers throughout the valley and maintaining positive relationships.
* Promote wine clubs
* Pack wine for retail orders.
* Assist in events, private dinners and various site activities
* Assist with restocking, inventory and floor upkeep
* Provide world class customer service to site visitors
* Follow site policies and procedures.
* Complete projects and other duties as directed by Director of Hospitality
* Must be 21 years of age
* Exemplary customer service skills, experience with Social Media a Plus
* Strong presentation skills with the ability to relay their knowledge of wines and wine production
* Dynamic communication skills & positive attitude
* Must have a clean professional appearance and excel in intercommunications and interactions.
* Ability to start a project and carry through to successful implementation
* Knowledge of food and wine, the wine industry, Sonoma, Napa and Bay Area restaurants
* This position must work weekends (Friday, Saturday and Sunday), some holidays and evenings
* Must be able to lift 50 lbs. (a case of wine)
* Two years of wine industry/and or tasting room experience highly desirable
We bring our whole selves, we're courageous and we deliver together - that's our DNA. We're a passionate bunch who enjoy working together, like to have fun and keep things down-to-earth. We're brave enough and care enough to have the right conversations to get the best outcome and are famous for our can-do attitude. We're definitely "glass half full" people and see challenges as opportunities and move with pace to achieve our goals.
Pay Transparency Disclosure: The base pay range offered for this position is $20 to $27 per hour plus commission. Full time employees receive 100% paid health care coverage after 30 days and a 401k after one year of service. These figures represent what we reasonably expect to pay for this position, but the actual compensation offered will depend upon numerous job-related factors, including but not limited to candidate qualifications, skills, experience, education, location, and alignment with market data.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.