MARKET MANAGER - NEW JERSEY
Based anywhere in the Bridgewater to Morristown area in New Jersey
Reporting to the Regional Sales Director or to the Territory Manager, this position is responsible for the development and day-to-day management of the sales of all brands through the distributor network in assigned area. Establishing strong relationships with key accounts in close collaboration with the marketing team on tactical development and implementation of promotional activity needed for sales success. Works as the communication lead with key distributor reps across the region to educate, support and motivate. Coordinate allocations and product placement of top wines.
Key Account Relationships (60%)
• Achieve sales plans by developing, cultivating and maintaining strong relationships with key buyers, leverage relationships to explore new business opportunities.
• Use internal and external resources to identify and target Top 50 accounts in area that can make a difference in achieving sales goals for the key brands.
• Maintain and review distributor master and key account contact list for the region.
Execution of Sales Objectives (20%)
• Deliver on financial performance goals for the area; ensure budgets are adhered to.
• Conduct regular work withs and education of Distributor reps.
• Provide management with market intelligence including performance trends, product development and/or competitive activity.
• Preparation for sales calls, supplier visits, events, trainings etc.
• T&E management.
• Ensure timely review and submission of expenses and market recap reporting.
• Oversee field response to supplier visit requests; review itinerary to ensure productive tour, check for any gaps.
Education/Experience: College degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or other related discipline. Minimum of 2-4 years of experience selling wines through multi-tiered distribution channels, including experience selling both domestic and import wines.
Skills: Must be an effective communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent public speaking and presentation skills, comfortable in front of large and small audiences. Must possess strong listening skills, and outstanding sales skills (follow-up, closing, overcoming objections). Good PC skills (Windows: Word/Excel). Must be a self starter, be able to juggle multiple situations, and able to work independently. Ability to learn and use effectively SLWC’s reporting tools, to manage and plan business activities. Experience planning/coordinating events, and outstanding time management skills. Must possess a high level of integrity, be self-confident, have an excellent ability to build relationships. Understanding of the importance of providing outstanding customer service. Creative with a winning attitude, and the selling abilities of telling a story and influencing.
Knowledge: Passion for and extensive knowledge of Domestic and Import wines.
Physical: Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends. Must be able to travel including overnight stays both domestic and international. Must be able to lift and carry 40 pounds.
Other: Must have a valid Driver’s license in the state employed and must meet the Company’s automobile insurance requirements.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time, salaried position. Competitive compensation depending on experience plus benefits including medical/dental insurance, paid vacation, and sick leave.
The above information is representative of the work performed in this position, however it is not all-inclusive. The omission of a specific duty or responsibility does not exclude it from the position if the work is similar or related to the essential duties and responsibilities.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.