TERRITORY MANAGER SOUTHEAST - GA, AL, TN & NC and some VA
Based in Atlanta, GA
Position Summary: Reporting to the Regional Director, this position is responsible for the day-to-day management and sales execution of all brands through the distributor network in assigned territory. Responsible for developing and maintaining a strong business relationship with senior distributor management and sales force and acting as coach and motivator for direct reports in all areas of business management. Supervise shipments, depletions, inventories, pricing, marketing programs, allocations and product placement. Establish and maintain strong relationships with pivotal key accounts and collaborate closely with marketing team on tactical development and implementation of promotional activity needed for sales success. Works as the communication lead with the key distributor executive personnel across the territory.
Execution of Sales Objectives (40%)
• Deliver on financial performance goals for the area; ensure budgets are adhered to.
• Recommend and implement effective pricing strategies that are aligned across the value chain.
• Develop, oversee and monitor sales and depletion goals within assigned territory to ensure annual plan targets are met.
• Effectively manage distributor inventory levels across assigned area maintaining par levels to achieve annual plan targets.
• Conduct regular business reviews with distributor management within area to include depletions, value, accounts sold, profitability and program ROI.
• Work withs and education of Distributor reps.
Key Account Relationships (40%)
• Achieve sales plans by developing, cultivating and maintaining strong relationships with key buyers, leverage relationships to explore new business opportunities.
• Use internal and external resources to identify and target Top 50 accounts in area that can make a difference in achieving sales goals for the key brands.
• Maintain and review distributor master and key account contact list for the region.
• Work with senior management to forecast shipment and depletion trends; provide management with market intelligence including performance trends, product development and/or competitive activity.
• Ensure timely review and submission of distributor invoices, expense and market recap reporting.
• Adhere to T&E budgets.
• Oversee field response to supplier visit requests; review itinerary to ensure productive tour, check for any gaps.
Education/Experience: College degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or other related discipline. Minimum of 5 - 7 years of experience selling wines through multi-tiered distribution channels, including experience managing a distributor and budgets.
Skills: Must be an effective communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent public speaking and presentation skills, comfortable in front of large and small audiences. Must possess strong listening skills, and outstanding sales skills (follow-up, closing, overcoming objections). Good PC skills (Windows: Word/Excel). Must be a self-starter, be able to juggle multiple situations, and able to work independently. Ability to learn and use effectively SLWC’s reporting tools, to manage and plan business activities. Experience planning/coordinating events, and outstanding time management skills. Must possess a high level of integrity, be self-confident, have an excellent ability to build relationships. Understanding of the importance of providing outstanding customer service. Creative with a winning attitude, and the selling abilities of telling a story and influencing.
Knowledge: Passion for and extensive knowledge of Domestic and Import wines.
Physical: Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends. Must be able to travel including overnight stays both domestic and international. Must be able to lift and carry 40 pounds.
Other: Must have a valid Driver’s license in the state employed and must meet the Company’s automobile insurance requirements.
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time, salaried position. Competitive compensation depending on experience plus benefits including medical/dental insurance, paid vacation, and sick leave.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.