Ponzi Vineyards is a pioneering premium wine producer in the Willamette Valley, located just 22 miles from downtown Portland in the Laurelwood District AVA. After 50 years under the direction of the Ponzi family, the winery has recently been acquired by legendary French house Groupe Bollinger, where it joins an impressive lineup of French brands in the Groupe Bollinger portfolio: Champagne Bollinger, Champagne Ayala, Burgundy wine Chanson, Loire Valley wine Langlois Chateau, and Cognac Delamain. Our ambition is to make Ponzi Vineyards the top-of-mind brand for Oregon fine wine.
We are seeking an energetic, ambitious, sales-minded person to join us as the Ponzi Vineyards Sales Lead. The Sales Lead is responsible for helping bring the highest level of hospitality to our guests in the Tasting Room and beyond, while helping to meet key sales metrics and goals.
The Ponzi Vineyards Sales Lead should strive to reflect Ponzi brand standards, including presenting a polished appearance, always offering a warm and professional demeanor, and displaying excellent customer service skills. Key attributes include a strong work ethic, attention to detail and good organizational skills. Reporting directly to the Tasting Room Manager, this individual will play a key role in our hospitality team, leading by example and actively coaching the team to continually improve our wine club experiences and conversions, VIP guest experiences, and overall sales.
Essential Job Functions:
• Provide memorable experiences on-site to club members, industry, and VIP guests
• Achieve monthly set goals and key performance metrics
• Set example for Tasting Room and Events teams by continually providing exemplary hospitality and service, and by improving personal sales, outreach sales and club sign-up performance
• Proactively assist sales team through active coaching and training to improve overall sales and club sign-ups
• Assist Tasting Room Manager and staff with customer maintenance within Tock and WineDirect
• Maintain a positive and happy work environment, ensuring that the team is operating efficiently, happily and as a harmonious group
• Maintain a keen knowledge of winery’s wine portfolio, pricing, and sales opportunities
• Work side-by-side with Tasting Room Manager to offer continuous training in alignment with company and brand goals
• Assist Tasting Room Manager and Chief Brand Officer in developing and maintaining training materials for Tasting Room team.
• Assist with training incoming Tasting Room staff members, coaching along the way and ensuring that each member of the team is conveying the brand story and sharing the wines consistently and to company standards
• Monitor Tasting Room team breaks and in/out times, adjust according to business needs.
• Make calls and send emails to achieve monthly and yearly Outreach goals
Key Performance Indicators:
• Member satisfaction at the highest level
• Achievement of personal and team goals
• Positive reviews from customers
• Hospitality Team engagement and satisfaction.
• Achievement of set wine club conversion rate goals
Requirements and Experience:
• 1+ year winery experience is a plus.
• Knowledge of winery POS systems and MS Office Suite
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• WSET level 1 or higher is a plus but not required
• 21 years of age of older
• Ability to stand for up to 8+ hours
• Ability to repeatedly lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to work weekdays/weekends 9:00 am – 6:00 pm, with flexibility to work occasional holidays and evenings
More about Ponzi Vineyards: Founded by Dick and Nancy Ponzi in 1970, Ponzi Vineyards is one of Oregon’s original wineries, and has contributed to fostering the success and growth of the region’s Pinot Noir over the last 50 years. In April 2021, the Bollinger Family united with the Ponzi Family in its first official acquisition outside of France with Luisa Ponzi remaining as the Director of Winemaking and Viticulture.
More about The Bollinger Family: In addition to the iconic Champagne Bollinger, the Bollinger family owns the following leading historic French producers: Champagne Ayala, founded in 1860, and specialist in Chardonnay-dominant Champagnes; Domaine Chanson, founded in 1750, owner of 111 acres of Premier and Grand Cru vineyards in the heart of Burgundy; Langlois, founded in 1885, a leading historical producer of Cremant and now also with important Sancerre holdings, all together totaling 175 acres in the best parts of the Loire Valley; and Cognac Delamain, founded in 1824, renowned for focusing entirely on the production of highest quality, aged Cognacs, only XO and above. These domains are all linked to their terroir by owning and farming vineyards. Groupe Bollinger’s mission is to offer consumers around the world great experiences around premium wines from the best wine regions.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.