With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
Job location is Hattiesburg, MS.
Executes programs through personal selling designed to maximize the sale and distribution of Gallo brands with existing and prospective retail accounts in assigned area.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• Develops positive relationships with customers and prospective customers.
• Presents Gallo programs to distributor sales organizations.
• Calls on accounts to provide service and merchandising support.
• Demonstrates strong personal selling, time management, public speaking skills.
• Ensures timely execution of objectives and priorities.
• Lifts cases of wine while demonstrating how to merchandise and building displays.
• Controls personal business expenses (meals, transportation, lodging, etc).
• Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
• Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations. If accountable for the work of others, responsible for ensuring their understanding and compliance.
Essential Functions Standard
• Exhibits Intrapreneurship and Ownership behaviors:
• Intrapreneurship is entrepreneurship in an established company: behaviors that include thinking boldly, taking appropriate risks, learning from mistakes, showing initiative, and encouraging and reinforcing innovation.
• Ownership refers to behaviors that include setting high expectations, driving candid discussion, and holding self and others accountable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
• Bachelor's degree; OR Senior class standing at a college or university and a Bachelor's degree is successfully completed and confirmed by the time of hire OR High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 4 years of sales experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Candidates for this position must have a valid driver's license and a safe driving record. Required to obtain a California driver's license or appropriate state driver's license within 30 days of hire.
• Required to travel by automobile to perform job duties.
• Required to obtain a liquor license as required by state/locality.
• Required to lift and move up to 40 pounds.
• Required to travel to company offices, sites, and/or meeting locations for onboarding, training, meetings, and events for development, department needs, and business delivery up to 5% of the time, with or without reasonable accommodation. This may be in addition to travel requirements, if applicable, as listed in this job description.
• Required to be 18 years or older. This may be in addition to other age requirements, if applicable, as listed in this job description.
• Bachelor of Business Administration degree with a Marketing or Business Management concentration plus 2 years of winery sales, distiller sales, distributor sales or direct to consumer marketing, or brand marketing experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Previous beverage sales experience.
• If deemed necessary for position development, required to relocate at six months intervals.
• Experience reading and comprehending simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
• Experience writing simple correspondence.
• Experience effectively presenting information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
• Skilled in calculating figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Knowledge of the concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office products at a basic level (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, feel talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• Hiring salary range posted: $44,190 - $66,330.
• Eligible for company car program.
• Actual compensation paid within the range will be determined by factors such as the education, experience, knowledge, skills and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.
Perks & Benefits
• This position includes a competitive benefits package.
• Please click here to view our full list of benefits or click here to watch our video.
Job Posting ID: 103351
Gallo's policy is to afford equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees and not to discriminate on the basis of race, ...
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.