Etude Wines is dedicated to mastering the craft of winegrowing. Etude specializes in Estate grown Carneros Pinot Noir and Chardonnay as well as Pinot Noir from other appellations which include Santa Rita, Santa Maria, Sonoma Coast and Yamhill-Carlton(OR). Etude also sources Cabernet Sauvignon from the Napa Valley.
About the role
We are currently recruiting for a Part Time Tasting Room Associate at Etude with a background in customer service, a good eye for detail, and truly enjoys fostering a wonderful experience for every guest that visits the property. As a Tasting Room Associate, you will be the main point of contact for our guests, so a polite and friendly demeanor are a must. They must be able to increase sales at the winery site by promoting the winery as a Luxury Winery to on-site visitors as well as host wine tastings and assist in retail operations.
* Set-up and host wine tastings and tours for guests
* Act as a backup for other Hospitality Specialists who are conducting tastings and tours
* Operate cash registers
* Promote wine clubs
* Pack wine for retail orders.
* Assist in events, private dinners and various site activities
* Assist Merchandise Dept. with restocking, inventory and floor upkeep
* Provide world class customer service to site visitors
* Follow site policies and procedures.
* Complete projects and other duties as directed by Retail Sales Manager
* Must be 21 years of age
* Exemplary customer service skills
* Strong presentation skills with the ability to relay their knowledge of wines and wine production
* Dynamic communication skills & positive attitude
* Must have a clean professional appearance and excel in intercommunications and interactions.
* Ability to start a project and carry through to successful implementation
* Knowledge of food and wine, the wine industry, Sonoma, Napa and Bay Area restaurants
* This position must work weekends (Friday, Saturday and Sunday), some holidays and evenings
* Must be able to lift 50 lbs. (a case of wine)
* Two years of wine industry/and or tasting room experience highly desirable
What's in it for you
* The opportunity to be bold and make an impact in the world of wine
* Access to the world's most celebrated wines through our employee product allowance
* True flexibility in determining how, when and where you work to achieve your potential
* Global opportunities across Australia & New Zealand, the US, Asia, UK/Europe
* Opportunity to build a career across multiple functions (we're really good at doing this!)
* Structured development programs to support your health, wellbeing and career
We bring our whole selves, we're courageous and we deliver together - that's our DNA. We're a passionate bunch who enjoy working together, like to have fun and keep things down-to-earth. We're brave enough and care enough to have the right conversations to get the best outcome and are famous for our can-do attitude. We're definitely "glass half full" people and see challenges as opportunities and move with pace to achieve our goals.
Inclusion and Diversity
Just like the wide range and variety of brands in our wine portfolio, TWE embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or on the basis of disability. If you require any assistance to be included in our process, please contact email@example.com, quoting the job title and reference number.
Pay Transparency Disclosure: The base pay range offered for this position is $21 to $26 per hour plus monthly bonus. These figures represent what we reasonably expect to pay for this position, but the actual compensation offered will depend upon numerous job-related factors, including but not limited to candidate qualifications, skills, experience, education, location, and alignment with market data. Our expectation is that the incumbent will work out of Napa, CA. If the incumbent works out of another location, the wage rate may fall above or below this range. Treasury reserves the right to modify the range in the future.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.