At Winebow, we are strongly committed to creating an environment that fosters diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are intentional in our efforts to ensure that every employee has a sense of value and opportunity in our company, and we work tirelessly to promote a culture of inclusion where our team feels safe, respected, and valued. We want our Winebow family to feel at home and to be empowered to bring their best selves forward.
We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our organization and are dedicated to achieving a diverse workforce in all aspects of employment including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, promotion, training, benefits, wage and salary equity.
• Direct, develop, and manage the Winebow wholesale sales teams to build distribution in their assigned territories.
• Responsible for developing and implementing successful sales and marketing programs for respective territories, to include establishing territory action plans and strategic initiatives to capture market share.
• Design and provide recommendations for systems to support the sales team and assist them in achieving goals and measuring results.
• Acts as a strategic partner with the EVP of Sales or designee, and other senior management to develop and execute strategic business plans to ensure goals and objectives are met including but not limited to: developing sales goals and budgets, fiscal year plan, daily, weekly, and monthly sales reporting budget.
• Enhance the overall service model to ensure customer satisfaction, profitability and retention, and creating new methods of accountability to support the highest level of service and performance throughout the company.
• Analyze reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to identify potential growth areas, capture market share, and identify trends and monitoring depletions and make recommendations to the EVP of Sales or other senior leaders.
• Work to develop new sales opportunities in every channel for increased Company profits.
• Conduct routine sales activities such as market visits, sales meetings, trade shows, dinners and events.
• Analyze new product opportunities for increased sales and market image.
• Communicate business plans, programs, incentives and pricing to sales management and provide timely updates as they occur.
• Ensure that programs and price promotions are well-executed and inventories are appropriately managed.
• Make decisions regarding special pricing or category discounts for each customer.
• Develop and mentor subordinates, including but not limited to: Regional Managers, District Managers to grow their management skills and business acumen in order to maximize distribution in their assigned territories.
• Responsible for staffing, staffing planning, conducting performance appraisals on direct reports, budgeting, ensuring compliance with training requirements, developing direct reports and controlling division expenditures.
• Meets agreed upon goals and objectives effectively and in a timely manner.
• Arrives at work, appointments, meetings, and all work-related functions on time and as scheduled.
• Other Functions:
• Follows all safety policies and procedures; communicate hazards and/or suggest improvements to Manager.
• Other duties as assigned.
Normal office environment; significant travel by automobile; travel by airplane/train and overnight stays may be required.
Automobile, telephone, copier, computer (or tablet), fax machine, calculator
Lifting up to 45lbs, bending, sitting, carrying, standing, manual dexterity, reaching, visual acuity, driving
• BA/BS Degree.
• Minimum 10 years' experience as head of sales division for a wine wholesaler/distributor.
• Minimum 5+ years' experience in managing a sales team.
• Exceptional computer proficiency in MS Office and publications software.
• Demonstrated effective written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent people skills and management skills.
• Strong problem solving skills.
• Ability to manage sensitive and confidential information.
• Valid State Driver's License.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.