Join a great team (who are passionate about our brand) while earning a competitive base pay with extra earning potential from commission and gratuity opportunities.
MUMM NAPA is seeking enthusiastic, goal orientated individuals to join our Visitor Center Sales/ Hospitality Team. Currently, we have openings for Part Time Hospitality Sales/Representatives; weekends are required.
This position is designed to provide guests to Mumm Napa with an outstanding and unique winery experience. Our sales/hospitality representative’s work with a team of skilled professionals to ensure guests receive the best impression of Mumm Napa, with a focus at all times on customer service and sales. The presentation made to the guests must be carried out properly, professionally, and in a manner consistent with the philosophies and image of Mumm Napa. Sales/ Hospitality representatives will have strong knowledge and passion for wine and exhibit enthusiasm in sharing this information with our guests.
POSITION SUMMARY: Promotes the sale of wine, wine clubs and non-wine products in the Winery Visitor Center & Salon.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Providing guests with an outstanding and unique experience through:
• A friendly and sincere greeting
• Educates guests about Mumm Napa’s history and wines.
• Anticipates guests needs
• Develops ongoing relationships with guests to stimulate repeat visits and future sales.
• Pours and describes wines and winemaking techniques
• Sets up and conducts general and private guided tours and salon tastings
• A friendly and sincere farewell, using guests name when possible
• Promotes and sells Mumm Wine Club, wine products and gift merchandise
• Handles routine retail transactions, including operating cash registers/accounting for daily sales consistently and accurately.
• Package wines for guests
• Assists with hospitality special events, special wine tastings, and VIP luncheons/dinners.
• Participate in opening and closing duties and maintain a clean work space.
• Answer phones professionally when necessary and understand where to direct incoming calls.
• Actively participate in regularly scheduled staff meetings.
• Stay current on recent wine reviews, industry issues.
• Learn about other wineries and their wines; use that information to recommend other wineries with great tasting experiences for our guests.
• Assist Supervisors in providing a safe and secure environment
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Bilingual capability a plus
• Excellent math skills with consistent accuracy
• Strong ability to close sales
• Ability to communicate membership and product knowledge effectively
• Knowledge of wine & wine production
• Strong verbal and communication skills required.
• Ability to lift heavy boxes (40-50 lbs) on a regular basis
Pay Transparency Disclosure: The base pay scale offered for this position is $37,000 - $45,000 per year. These figures represent what we reasonably expect to pay for this position, but the actual compensation offered will depend upon numerous job-related factors, including but not limited to candidate qualifications, skills, experience, education, location, and alignment with market data. The Company reserves the right to modify the range in the future.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.