With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
Position is located at Louis M. Martini Winery in Saint Helena, CA
This is a temporary position on a part-time basis.
The Line Cook engages in duties which support kitchen operations. Provides basic support in executing kitchen duties to include ingredient preparation, dish preparation/plating, and kitchen sanitation.
• Hiring Salary Range Posted: set rate listed as $22.50 / hr - $22.50 / hr + TIPS!
• In addition to the salary, this position is eligible to participate in tasting room tip pools, bonuses and incentive plans, as applicable
What You Will Do:
• Engages in daily basic food prep, consistent plating, kitchen organization, and quality control.
• Supports the kitchens efforts in managing health and safety code standards.
• Maintains the overall cleanliness of kitchen and work station(s).
• Cleans dishes, polishes glass, and actively engages in the weekly major cleaning of the restaurant.
• Participates in restaurant opening and closing activities.
• Supports food prep for catering events.
• Works at keeping kitchen wastage to a minimum.
• Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
• Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory considerations.
• Exhibits Intrapreneurship and Ownership behaviors:
• Intrapreneurship is entrepreneurship in an established company: behaviors that include thinking boldly, taking appropriate risks, learning from mistakes, showing initiative, and encouraging and reinforcing innovation.
• Ownership refers to behaviors that include setting high expectations, driving candid discussion, and holding self and others accountable.
What You Will Need:
• High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 2 years of basic food service experience.
• Knowledge of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures.
• Skilled in food preparation.
• Skilled in reading, comprehending, interpreting and executing simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
• Skilled in writing simple correspondence.
• Skilled in adding, subtracting, multiplying and dividing using whole numbers.
• Required to travel to company offices, sites, and/or meeting locations for onboarding, training, meetings, and events for development, department needs, and business delivery up to 5% of the time, with or without reasonable accommodation. This may be in addition to travel requirements, if applicable, as listed in this job description.
• Required to be 18 years or older. This may be in addition to other age requirements, if applicable, as listed in this job description.
What Will Set You Apart:
• High school diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate plus 4 years of basic food service experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
• Possession of ServeSafe Certification.
• Basic understanding of professional cooking skills.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Requisition ID: 103333
Gallo's policy is to afford equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees and not to discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, reproductive health decision making, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Nor will Gallo discriminate based on a perception that an individual has any of the foregoing characteristics or is associated with a person who has, or is perceived to have, any of those characteristics.
Gallo will comply with state and local laws prohibit discrimination for lawful out-of-work behavior, such as off-duty use of cannabis away from the workplace (subject to federal and state law exceptions), the existence of non-psychoactive cannabis metabolites in hair, blood, urine, or other bodily fluids as determined by a drug screening test (subject to federal and state law exceptions).
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at 209.341.7000.
Gallo is enrolled in the Department of Homeland Security's E-Verifying program and will use the program to verify the employment eligibility of all newly hired employees as required.
Right to Work
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.