Skurnik Wines West is seeking candidates for an Assistant Portfolio Manager, USA based in California. Responsible for all functions surrounding the management of the American Wine Portfolio. This will include ordering, tracking and selling of wines. This is a support role for the American Portfolio Manager who oversees all supplier relations, inventory management, brand acquisition, and sales of American wine for Skurnik Wines in California.
- Create item cards in Navision for new items and new vintages of existing items. Populate all required information including cost information and all related sales prices for various quantities and markets.
- Manage inventory holds and not shipping sales orders, communicate with Sales Reps about vintage rolls for hold and new placements
- Maintain inventory levels for acceptable turns and appropriate inventory levels to facilitate optimal sales. Included in this area will be issuing purchase orders, tracking orders from winery to warehouse.
- Address slow moving inventory items by creating list for Portfolio Manager to review in order to negotiate depletion allowances whenever possible or other price concessions from suppliers to generate sales.
- Make note of any possible stock shortages and notify relative salespeople, accounts.
- Assist with website maintenance, SharePoint maintenance, data entry for portfolio tastings, and depletion reports.
- Participate in pouring wines at customer in store tastings when requested by customers and/or suppliers.
- Be available to sales staff and customers for all portfolio related inquiries.
- Be available to assist customer service in order entry when requested.
- Create content for customer facing emails specific to suppliers or press syndicates.
- Computer Literacy
- Oral Communication Skills
- Written Communication Skills
- Technical Communication
- Customer Service
- Project Management
- College Degree
- Wine Education – 2 years minimum working in retail/restaurant or wholesale wine environment
- Strong computer skills required including Microsoft Office products, Internet Navigation and rudimentary understanding of database structure.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.