Hospitality Assistant (part-time)
Groth Vineyards & Winery
Do you enjoy creating memorable experiences that make others feel special? Are you interested in testing the waters in the wine industry? Are you a team player who enjoys rolling up your sleeves and pitching in wherever help is needed? If so, we’d love to learn more about you!
Groth Vineyards & Winery is a family-owned company with deep roots in the Oakville AVA, home to Napa Valley’s largest concentration of top Cabernet Sauvignon producers. The winery was founded in 1981 and for over 40 years the Groth family has been committed to making quality wines. We’re seeking a flexible multi-tasker with a passion for customer service to join our tight-knit hospitality team as a Hospitality Assistant.
Our Hospitality Assistants are the face and voice of Groth, frequently the first point of contact for customers who visit, call or email the winery. They enthusiastically welcome visitors to our winery and help create a relaxed environment by working behind the scenes to ensure that operations run smoothly. Essential duties include greeting guests, booking reservations, helping with setup and cleanup of tasting experiences, processing orders, and keeping our public spaces clean and ready to host visitors.
The ideal candidate should enjoy working as part of a team, have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, relate warmly with customers and co-workers, maintain a sense of humor and remain composed in any work environment.
• Flexibility and willingness to learn new things
• Excellent hospitality and customer-service skills in person, by phone and via email
• Flexible and positive attitude with changing roles and job responsibilities
• Computer knowledge, including Microsoft Outlook, Word
• Energetic multi-tasker who can think quickly on their feet
• Professional appearance and upbeat demeanor
• Retail sales experience a plus
• 1-2 years of experience in a customer-service setting
• Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time
• Must be able to lift 40 pounds repeatedly
• Must have a valid CA driver’s license
• Must be at least 18 years old, but 21 or older is preferred
This role requires working weekends.
Previous tasting room experience is desirable but not necessary. Wine, restaurant, hotel or other hospitality experience a plus.
Competitive compensation package including sales incentive program, gratuities and employee wine allocation (for employees 21 and older). Salary dependent on experience.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.