For forty years, Sequoia Grove Winery has been obsessed with the details that go into crafting its Napa Valley wines and single-vineyard Cabernet Sauvignons. The commitment to quality starts in the vineyard; growing the very best grapes in the finest terroir to form the foundation of the wines.
Quality is intrinsic to everything we do, from winemaking to gracious hospitality; it is engrained in the culture and the vanguard of Sequoia Grove philosophy.
Sequoia Grove Winery has an enviable reputation and is known for its commitment to wine quality with a strong business culture. Fully empowered by ownership, the team is challenged to execute the business in a manner that promotes and enhances wine quality while producing the finest expression of terroir, consistently producing elegant and balanced wines. Sequoia Grove Winery has been carving a path for decades while never losing sight of our values; rooted in history, guided by integrity, and committed to the future.
The Sequoia Grove Wine Club Coordinator is a vital member of the DTC team and must provide exceptional, authentic customer service to our Club Members and customers while supporting sales and shipping programs. The Wine Club Coordinator is primarily responsible for promoting wine sales through virtual channels and all aspects of customer service and wine club administration. This position includes handling inbound and outbound telephone calls, texting and e-mails, order review and processing, problem resolution, and wine club database maintenance. The Wine Club Coordinator also helps to resolve compliance or credit card issues for wine shipments. The ideal candidate is detail oriented and organized and has a friendly and professional demeanor. This position may require the ability to work occasional weekend days, as necessary.
• Assist in all aspects of Wine Club, E-commerce and Inbound/Outbound customer service and Telesales
• Support wine club shipments four times per year, including customizing club shipments, updating invalid credit cards and account information prior to shipment, handling special customer requests, and following up on quarantined and declined transactions.
• Promote offers to customers through calling, texting and/or personalized emails to meet monthly & annual sales goals.
• Provide exceptional customer service through both oral and written communication, handling inbound/outbound telephone, texting and email communication.
• Graciously respond to customer inquiries in a timely manner, upselling where possible.
• Assist in finding ways to improve processes and member retention.
• Monitor and correct issues with wine shipping and returns, proactively calling customers after missed delivery attempts.
• Pack will-call orders and in-house shipping orders as needed.
• Keep CRM database up-to-date with current customer information, including new customer entry, account updates, customer purchase entry or customization, cancellations, will-call pickups and special customer requests.
• Contribute content for newsletters, emails, letters and other promotional materials.
• Attend and assist in planning hospitality events and other Wine Club special events as requested.
• Fully support the Winery’s policies and procedures.
• Fully support the Winery’s commitment to the established Safety practices and policies.
• Special projects and other responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential functions. The requirements listed below are representative of the education, knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Minimum of 2 years sales and customer service experience, preferably in the wine industry.
• Detail oriented and organized with experience in accurate database management or data entry.
• Working knowledge of Napa Valley wineries, appellations, winemaking, etc., preferred.
• Ability to work independently see projects and issues to timely resolution.
• Good organizational skills and the ability to follow through on projects with minimal supervision.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to anticipate customer needs and respond appropriately, as well as take initiative to resolve day-to-day customer concerns within the parameters of the position responsibilities.
• Ability to work in a team environment and perform duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with the Company’s policies.
• Strong proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook; prior experience with database management systems and POS; Web-savvy.
• Ability to work occasional weekend day as well as flexibility in scheduling to ensure business staffing needs are met
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Communications or similar would be a plus.
Most job duties will be performed in the hospitality offices. There is no heavy equipment and moving parts present in this location. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, climb stairs, talk, hear, taste and smell. Must possess vision, hearing and sufficient digital manipulation skills to utilize a computer keyboard, telephone and other office equipment. The employee is occasionally required to climb and balance, stoop, bend and kneel. The employee must be able to frequently lift and carry up to 45 lbs.
SEQUOIA GROVE WINERY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, COMMITTED TO A DIVERSE AND INCLUSIVE WORK ENVIRONMENT. (E
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.