JOB STATEMENT: The Territory Sales Representative performs direct sales and customer service activities while providing education to retailers and consumers on products.
• Make systematic calls in an assigned territory; solicit sales from assigned accounts and new accounts.
• Present and place new items in all assigned accounts.
• Maintain up-to-date information on route activity.
• Maintain current collections (Accounts Receivable) for all accounts.
• Reach or exceed all sales goals (Quotas) for territory.
• Maintain the highest possible rapport with customers.
• Work closely with all company employees to maintain a high standard of service for our customers.
• Understand and comply with all ISO9001, HACCP and GMP requirements and processes.
• Call on all accounts on a systematic basis as directed by Field Sales Manager.
• Know customer key personnel and maintain good rapport.
• Must comply with the Alcohol Beverage Control credit and collection criteria. Maintain 30-day collection compliance.
• Maintain proper inventory levels to assure adequate stocks and avoid out of stock conditions.
• Place and maintain current POS material.
• Maintain adequate shelf space.
• Strive for proper shelf placement and cold box placement.
• Check retail pricing and report irregularities to customer and Field Sales Manager.
• Achieve wine-by-the-glass placements, wine lists and house wine placements.
• Completely Daily Reports and forward to Field Sales Manager as directed.
• Acknowledge each month’s sales commission/quota sheet in the Employee Portal.
• Strive to book ads and feature promotions.
• Maintain Route Book.
• Maintain Presentation Book.
• Maintain proper inventories of all appropriate POS and samples.
• Must be physically able to lift and move 45 lb cases of wine. Possible situations may include; lifting from a car trunk, building or taking down wine displays. Lifting requirement may involve, bending, reaching, squatting, pulling, and pushing.
• Utilize technology (Hand held EDAs, Email, Cell phones) to provide efficient customer service, improved business turn-around times, and enhanced communications.
• Operate a motor vehicle.
• Maintain a good working relationship with Sugar Transport of the Northwest drivers.
• Assist Field Sales Manager wherever necessary i.e. special events, wine tastings, routing alignments, merchandising, etc.
• Advise the Field Sales Manager of areas where the company can save money and promote company efficiencies.
• Keep all customers advised of sales trends, promotions, special pricing, etc.
• Advise Field Sales Manager of all problems and opportunities. Recommend solutions.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• 2-3 years of wine or beverage sales experience
• Knowledge of winemaking and viticulture techniques
• Wholesale distribution systems exposure
• Effective time management skills
• Strong communication skills both oral and written
• Ability to work independently and attain goals
• Ability to use technology
• Must be available to work holidays as scheduled
The physical demands to successfully perform the essential duties of this job are represented below.
Employee frequently required to:
• Sit for an extensive period of time
• Lift occasionally (office materials, wine boxes)
• Perform tasks using standard computer equipment
• Use hands to grasp, feel, move, reach or assemble
• Use average visual abilities including close and distant vision
• Expressing ideas/instructions through spoken words (accurately, loudly)
Employee will be exposed to:
• Limited noise level
• Indoor climate
• All employees must be trained and familiar with Bronco Wine Company’s Injury and Illness Prevention Program.
• Report any accidents and any unsafe conditions to your supervisor immediately.
• Personal Protective Equipment Required: Side shield safety glasses, head/ear protection and proper footwear when in production facility.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.