We are seeking a strong, experienced, outside salesperson to manage existing accounts and grow our wine barrel business. You will have the opportunity to represent high-end French and American Oak barrels coopered by families who have owned and operated cooperages for four generations. Wines aged in our barrels have been globally honored and recognized with top ratings by wine authorities internationally for decades.
The successful candidate will have at least 5 years of outside sales experience in the wine industry and an objectively measured track record of increased sales. Professional winemaking and/or tasting experience and foreign language fluency in French and/or Spanish is a plus for successfully navigating our industry.
Responsibilities would include:
• Travel to meet clients within territory to both establish and maintain existing relationships
• Actively find and develop prospects within designated territory through networking, research and cold calls
• Consult with winemakers and tailor barrel programs for each client based on desired flavor profiles
• Generate detailed order confirmations to ensure seamless manufacturing/coopering and deliveries for our custom products
• Use a combination of our Customer Relationship Management software, Google Documents/Sheets, Microsoft excel/office suite to track client visits/calls and generate customized reports for management and clients on a weekly basis
• Follow up on deliveries to ensure customers’ satisfaction with our products and service
• Participate in exhibitions/trade shows and attend wine events as needed
Our owners and offices have been located in Napa for over 35 years. In addition to a Napa office, we offer a competitive compensation including salary plus uncapped sales commissions, bonus structure, health insurance, 401k and full expense reimbursement.
Our barrels have a tradition and acceptance in the marketplace that is second to none. If you would like one of the best jobs in the wine industry, send us an email with your resume and cover letter.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods
* Must have a valid driver's license and passport and be able to drive a car and travel via plane/train domestically/internationally as needed
* Must be able to move up to 55 lbs
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.