Position Summary: Responsible for delivering the DSS annual operating plan in assigned territories by working with and through our distributor partners. Territories: CO MN UT NE IA MT SD KS ID ND WY. Reports to the Divisional Vice President.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Establishes annual shipment, depletion, and distribution goals by channel for our DSS portfolio in assigned territory.
• Monitors and evaluates our distributor’s performance against our DSS annual plan on a monthly basis.
• Achieves their shipment, depletion, and value goals.
• Formulates and implements distributor pricing and program strategies that deliver the DSS market plan
• Manages, motivates and develops DSS business in all classes of trade
• Maintains distributor inventories at levels consistent with DSS policy
• Formulates market plans by channel and chain; identifies and allocates resources to key retailers
• Manages and executes compliance with National Accounts on & off premise programs
• Works closely with our distributor’s management and salespeople to execute programs efficiently & effectively
• Educates distributor sales personnel on our DSS Brand Portfolio and the brand standards we expect
• Creates and fosters relationships with key retail and on-premise accounts
• Monitors competitor activities in the market and communicates insights on competitive strategy & tactics to fellow DSS sales managers as well as to key distributor personnel
• Uses tools such as Targit and Nielsen data to identify market opportunities to act upon with our distributor partners
• Holds Quarterly Business Reviews with the our distributor management teams
• Always looks to develop win-win-win solutions that result in value creation for DSS
• Shows fiscal responsibility at all times staying within budget limits
• Puts controls in place to manage local market dollars and is totally transparent with DSS management
• BA in Business Administration, Sales, Marketing or related field
• Certified Specialist of Wine (CSW), or equivalent level of wine knowledge desired
• Minimum 5+ years sales management experience in the wine industry; supplier and distributor experience a plus
• Strong analytical, written and verbal reasoning skills
• Polished and professional demeanor; strong presentation skills
• Strong computer proficiency required in Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
• Proven negotiation skills
• Significant travel may be required; can exceed 50%
• Ability to lift heavy boxes (40-50 lbs.)
Competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, Life & Disability, 401K, paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, and wine discounts.
Don Sebastiani & Sons provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.