This position is responsible for managing the State of California chain business to continue to grow the Terlato Wines (TWI) portfolio of prestigious brands. The Region Manager, California Off-Premise Chains directs and controls the execution of sales and account development plans through key Distributor principles, using education and motivation of the dedicated chain Distributor sales force to achieve optimum profitable sales volume. The incumbent must effectively develop and maintain positive relationships with wholesalers to drive sales performance through programming. A premium is placed on effective distributor management, leadership, managing people, and interaction with the Sales Leadership Team. This position is heavily focused on leading and providing education and hand selling of TWI’s select brands to key off premise chain accounts. The incumbent is expected to understand and embrace the Terlato family philosophy, passion, and company culture. This position will be based in Orange County/Los Angeles, California.
• Manages all Off-Premise Chain portfolio/business within the state of California (SCA, NCA)
• Responsible for all Off-Premise Chain Division Financials in California: Budgets, Depletions, Chain Pricing, and Profit Analysis.
• Drives the decision process to meet California objectives and business forecasts. Ensures entire division operates functionally and profitably.
• Responsible for 80% focus on distributor chain management and 20% focus in field.
• Develops account plans and programming with Distributor Partners to ensure TWI goals are being met.
• Manages the execution of standards within the Distributor Partners, including holding the distributor accountable to meet goals and implement market/account plans effectively.
• Builds relationships with top off-premise chain key accounts.
• Manages three direct reports and provides training and development opportunities for their growth.
• Works closely with the Vice President National Accounts Off Premise, and the California Regional Managers to ensure he/she is familiar with national and local off premise strategies and programs.
• Execution: Ability to establish priorities and meet or exceed sales goals.
• Results Oriented: Strong work ethic and drive for success.
• Judgment: Makes sound business decisions, in a timely, quality manner.
• Creativity: Inspires creative thought and “out of the box” ideas that grow the territory’s business.
• Budget Management and Resource Utilization: Conscientious and efficient budget management. Maximizes company profitability and resources in the most effective manner.
• Leadership: Effectiveness in inspiring TWI to perform at maximum capability.
• Sales ability: Effectiveness in inspiring customers to purchase our products.
• Teamwork: Ability to work and communicate productively with colleagues and Sales Management.
• Outstanding knowledge in high-quality specialty wine.
• 5-10 years of experience in the wine/spirits industry, including experience selling to off-premise chains
• Valid Driver’s license
• Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
• Reports to Vice President of Sales, West
Personal Skills and Qualities:
• Strong business acumen and sales analysis
• Demonstrates initiative and ability to self-direct projects
• History of delivering high quality work on short deadlines
• Results oriented
• Competitive Urgency
• In control of the facts of one’s business
• Accountability and trust
• Excellent oral and written communication and persuasion skills
• Effective in managing people and talent development
• Concise, articulate, and productive communication style
• Self-motivation with the ability to manage competing priorities
• Passion for Work and Terlato Wines
Base Salary Range: $150,000 - $185,000.
We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee's pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but not limited to, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, length of service, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, and business or organizational needs. We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), and any other benefits to eligible employees.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.