To learn more about this exciting new space, please take a look at a video on the expansion: https://www.youtube.com/watch'v=OIGGeX_j5eY
One hot summer day in 2006, Andy and Charlie Nelson were driving with their dad to a butcher shop in Greenbrier, TN, when they noticed a historic marker for Nelson's Greenbrier Distillery. The brothers had heard the family lore about a whiskey business (think sunken ships, lost gold, Tennessee's oldest whiskey and a woman-run distillery before women could vote), but nobody knew the real story. They asked the butcher if he'd ever heard of the distillery. He pointed right across the street and then introduced them to the town's historian who showed them two original bottles of Nelson's Green Brier Tennessee Whiskey. At that moment, Charlie and Andy knew: "This is our destiny."
After years of research, planning, and hearing "no" an awful lot, Charlie and Andy Nelson decided to make the leap on their own and craft a whiskey to bring back the business started by their triple great grandfather. In 2012, the Nelson's resurrected Belle Meade Bourbon and attracted the attention of Constellation Brands, which took a minority stake in the distillery in 2016 and a majority stake three years later. Nelson's Green Brier came full circle in the fall of 2019 when they reintroduced their family's renowned Tennessee Whiskey after a 100-year absence.
The entire Nelson team is thrilled to grow the business once again with the opening of a restaurant and bar to reflect the rich history and quality that NGBD is known for and solidify its spot as a leading hospitality destination in Nashville.
We are seeking a responsible and efficient individual to join our team as a Steward. As a Steward, you will be responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and organization of the restaurant and kitchen. You will work closely with the kitchen and front of house teams to ensure the smooth operation of the restaurant. This role will report to the Sous Chef. We offer comprehensive benefits for all employees, including paid time off, annual Product Allowance, 401K with an employer match and for full-time roles, health benefits and parental leave.
* Ensure the cleanliness of all areas of the restaurant and kitchen.
* Collect and wash dishes, glassware, silverware, and other restaurant utensils.
* Sweep, mop, and clean floors in the kitchen and dining areas.
* Dispose of trash and recycling appropriately.
* Maintain inventory of cleaning supplies and inform management when supplies need to be replenished.
* Assist the kitchen staff in food preparation and plating as needed.
* Help to receive and store restaurant supplies and deliveries.
* Follow all food safety and sanitation guidelines.
* Maintain a positive and professional demeanor with customers and coworkers.
* Perform other duties as assigned by management.
* Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques, sanitation guidelines, and food safety procedures.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
* Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
* Have or obtain any certifications or permits required for handling or serving food and alcohol in Davidson County.
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
* Works outdoors/indoors
* Works in warm/cold climates
* Works in high places
* Works on wet surfaces
* Is exposed to loud noise, fumes and/or toxic chemicals
* Works near moving, mechanical parts and lift truck traffic
* Must be able to move up to 55 lbs
Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Lifting may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ASPIRA, Fine Wines & Craft Spirits is a division of Constellation Brands. Constellation Brands is a producer, creator and marketer of beer, wine & spirits brands that people love. Constellation Brands is the fastest-growing large CPG company in the U.S at retail with operations in the U.S., Mexico, New Zealand and Italy.
The pay rate for this role is $15.00. This role is eligible to receive tips. We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), and any other benefits to eligible employees. Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, vested, and determinable. The amount and availability of any bonus, commission, or any other form of compensation that are allocable to a particular employee remains in the Company's sole discretion unless and until paid and may be modified at the Company's sole discretion, consistent with the law.
Nelson's Green Brier Distillery
Hospitality & Retail
The salary range for this role is:
$12.24 - $17.61
This is the lowest to highest salary we in good faith believe we would pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range, and the range may be modified in the future. An employee's pay position within the salary range will be based on several factors including, but limited to, the prevailing minimum wage for the location, relevant education, qualifications, certifications, experience, skills, seniority, geographic location, performance, shift, travel requirements, sales or revenue-based metrics, any collective bargaining agreements, and business or organizational needs. We offer comprehensive package of benefits including paid time off, medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k), and any other benefits to eligible employees.
Note: No amount of pay is considered to be wages or compensation until such amount is earned, ves
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.