B.R. Distilling Company is the oldest licensed distillery in Memphis, TN, and producer of the award-winning Blue Note Bourbon, a bold yet approachable whisky with big notes and a smooth structure. Blue Note Juke Joint and Blue Note Crossroads were recognized at the 2023 San Francisco World Spirits Competition, winning Double Gold medals for the second year in a row in the oldest and largest competition of its kind. Additionally, Blue Note Uncut placed #7 on Whisky Advocate’s Top Whiskies of 2022.
WHO ARE YOU, AND WHAT CAN WE ACHIEVE?
We are looking for an entrepreneurial individual who can effectively lead a sales organization and possesses the unwavering belief that they can elevate a regional brand to a national level. You are not only an extraordinary sales leader but also proudly serve as the brand's ambassador. Your leadership is grounded in hands-on market experience, and you relish the chance to roll up your sleeves and work alongside your team. You seamlessly navigate between high-level strategic discussions, such as distribution expansion, and the finer details, like discussing barrel entry proof.
You approach sales and marketing with a grassroots mindset, knowing when to push forward and drive the business. The spirits industry is your lifelong passion, and you've meticulously cultivated your reputation and relationships in preparation for an opportunity like this – a chance to truly foster growth. You understand that our growth trajectory will consistently surpass distributor expectations and possess the ability not only to meet but exceed pull-through expectations.
If you possess the drive and vision and can bring dynamic, strategic leadership to a team of dedicated, creative, disruptive, and innovative industry professionals, we extend an invitation to join the B.R. Distilling Company team.
B.R. Distilling is looking for a strong sales executive from the spirits industry with experience dealing with key accounts on and off-premise as well as distributors. As the National Sales Director, you will drive performance by providing strategic direction and oversight of profitability management, distributor management, trade channels, field execution, team performance, talent development, and recruitment. You will closely collaborate with the marketing team to develop and execute strategic initiatives that build national brand awareness as well as hyper-local promotions that, together, drive sales across the footprint.
This role is a self-starter that thrives in an entrepreneurial, results-driven environment. You have the ambition to build something authentic and use your strong people skills to develop and maintain relationships with distributors and industry members. You and your sales team will be responsible for developing and delivering the company's annual operating plan for all regions by working through and with B.R. Distilling's distributor partner(s).
Detail of Responsibilities - Due to character space limitation, job responsibility details will be provided during the interview process.
• Manage Distributor
• Manage Brand(s)
• Manage Trade
• People Development/Relationships
WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN AN EMPLOYEE
• Professional and personable
• Very diligent and detail-oriented
• Deadline-focused and goal-driven
• Helpful and service-driven
• Self-motivated with strong time management skills and thorough follow-through
• A sincere individual with strong ethics
• You are eager to learn
• You will always step in to help; you don't believe in "that's not my job."
• You are trustworthy and exercise great humility
• You love what you do; your craft is your passion
• Proven ability and experience in selling, marketing, and promoting fast-moving consumer goods.
• At least 8-10 years of sales/marketing experience in the spirits segment
• Extensive knowledge of the alcoholic beverage market/industry.
• Knowledge of distribution channels and experience in managing distributors.
• Previous experience in a role that requires strong attention to detail, communication skills, and a focus on quality.
• People leadership experience
• Financial and business acumen in the areas of data analysis, budgeting, reporting, planning, and sales/marketing knowledge
• A successful track record in executing sales strategies and initiatives
• Excellent written and verbal communication
• Able to obtain and meet industry licensing requirements as needed
• Must be able to travel as needed
• Must possess a valid driver's license and secure and maintain auto-liability insurance by state laws
• Must be 21 years of age
• Full benefits, including health, dental, and vision
• Matched 401K
• Paid time off
• Flexible work environment
• Additional benefit opportunities available
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Prolonged periods of standing and walking
• Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
We are a true team that believes a combination of hard work and the love of what we do births success on a large scale. We are trustworthy, timely, and dedicated to producing world-class whiskey from our hometown of Memphis, TN. We don't believe in the phrase, "That's not my job," but instead work as one supportive unit to continue to build and grow markets throughout the U.S. and beyond. Our craft is our passion, and our team is our family.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.