Opici Wines & Spirits, a fourth-generation importer and producer, has an exciting career opportunity for a Director of Sales for the Southeast United States. We are looking for a top-notch, experienced performer located in one of these major cities: Atlanta, Raleigh, Charlotte, Nashville, or Charleston to successfully manage the Southeast Region.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Experience managing a multi-brand portfolio within a multiple state territory.
• Distributor management experience (pricing, programming, analysis)
• Proven relationships with key distributor personnel, key buyers and accounts, both on and off-premise, including chains
• Proven sales record throughout career and ability to influence the marketplace.
• Exceptional communication and public speaking skills
• Excellent organizational and project management skills
• Develop and implement pricing, programming, and sales incentives.
• Develop relationships with distributor management and sales force.
• Communicate with distributor purchasing to monitor inventory levels.
• Organize & manage special events, supplier visits, tastings, blitzes, etc.
• Develop and present quarterly business reviews to management.
• Promote and sell all Opici Wines & Spirits brands to meet and/or exceed company sales quotas, while also identifying sources of new business opportunities
• Schedules and leads effective wholesaler sales meetings involving all levels of management; coordinates monthly meetings with wholesaler sales teams.
• Coordinates tracking reports with wholesalers based on agreed upon goals, tracks programs, and ensures solid program execution.
• Monitor inventory, shipment and depletion levels to ensure revenue and profit objectives are delivered.
• Work directly with Vice President of Sales and Marketing teams.
• Prepare quarterly sales forecast and bi-annual sales report.
• Establish and maintain a long-term growth strategy with key wholesale and/or distributor contacts.
• Increase market share via targeting and opening new accounts, as well as increasing sales to existing accounts.
• Be an active member of the wine community through frequent and positive interaction with key buyers through account calls, event participation, and social media engagement.
• Work independently in the market building on already established account relationships while forming and nurturing new relationships in both the on premise and off premise channel of trade.
• Provide updates on sales accomplishments, successes and market activities.
• Manage point of sale (POS) and marketing materials needed for accounts, orders sales tools to ensure a timely and effective market execution.
• Educate distributors and accounts on products as well as merchandising standards.
• Conduct wine tastings, participate in trade shows and consumer wine events with, and/or independent of, our distributor network.
• Bachelor's degree with emphasis in Sales and Marketing, Business Administration, or related field strongly preferred.
• 3 to 5 years of wine industry experience as a supplier and/or distributor representative with a proven track record in sales
• Ability to understand and apply market intelligence, including, but not limited to IRI, Nielsen, et al to execute outlined sales strategy; read, evaluate and comprehend sales and marketing reports, analysis, and trends.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proficient in developing and managing fiscally sound pricing strategies.
• Excellent PC skills in MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Power Point, Excel and Word, VIP, Diver
• Possess valid driver's license (with an acceptable driving record), auto insurance and vehicle.
• Must be able to work and/or travel nights and weekends.
• To travel out of state (or internationally) if needed
• This is a remote position that requires working out of a home office.
• Must be able to lift 40Ibs.
• Employees must comply with all federal, state and local laws and regulations which govern the alcoholic beverage industry and maintain at all times the highest ethical business standards and fiduciary duty on behalf of the company, as well as our customers.
• The candidate must be aware that the job involves distribution of alcohol beverages and recognize that the company in no way encourages excessive or unnecessary drinking of alcoholic beverages while exercising the duties of this job.
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, or activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Opici Wines & Spirits offers competitive base compensation, performance bonus, and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, matching 401(k) and paid time off.
Opici Wines & Spirits has family roots in the wine business dating back to 1913. Today, the company features more than 50 brands from 10 countries.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.