Reporting to the Executive Chef, the Sous Chef is responsible for preparing all dishes related to the culinary programs offered including daily menu, savory and cheese plates, and occasional lunches or dinners. Must have a high passion for wine & food pairings.
Passion, dedication, and perseverance have been the guiding principles of Hess Persson Estates since Donald Hess founded the winery in 1978. Lead by the next generation of Hess Family, we honor Donald’s legacy through our world-renowned Napa Valley wines. We pride ourselves in providing a space for our employees’ talents to shine, encouraging professional growth, and prioritizing a positive culture where we celebrate our company wins together.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Assists with overseeing the implementation of all culinary offerings to ensure that each dish is aligned with quality and consistency expectations.
• Skillfully utilizes hand tools or machines required, reads recipes, measures, cuts, and otherwise works on materials with great precision and consistency.
• Possesses and maintains thorough understanding of the industry and stays up to date with industry trends, ingredients, and techniques; continues to learn and grow as a chef.
• Collaborates with Executive Chef to assist kitchen team including scheduling, training, and other administrative duties.
• Oversees and manages estate culinary gardens.
• Assists with ordering of all products for the kitchen.
• Supports other kitchen staff with clean up, buffing glasses, and table set up as needed.
• Maintains a clean, organized, and safe kitchen; ensures all sanitation procedures are being followed; ensures adherence to all health and safety regulations and procedures.
• Follows opening and closing procedures.
• Performs other duties as assigned by Executive Chef.
• Graduate of a culinary school preferred.
• Five to six years related experience or equivalent.
• Current knowledge of regional and national trends in food and beverage.
• Wine and food pairing knowledge and skill.
• Ability to work all types of events, off premise catering, in house plated dinners, food and wine events.
• Passion, enthusiasm, focus, creativity, and a positive attitude.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
• Bilingual skills a plus.
• Able to work all shifts and holidays.
• Able to stand for long periods of time and able to lift and move up to 50 pounds.
COMPENSATION, BENEFITS & PERKS
• Competitive hourly rate.
• Annual bonus and merit increase programs.
• Comprehensive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision insurance.
• Short and long term disability, AD&D, and life insurance plans 100% paid by the employer.
• 401k plan with a 100% company match up to first 6% an employee contributes.
• Paid Time Off (starting at 3 weeks vacation, 5 sick and 10 paid holidays).
• Wine Club Membership to Hess Persson Estates (per availability of the wines).
• Employee wine discount.
• A work environment where you can be your authentic self and be a part of a winning team!
This role’s compensation is anticipated to fit within the range of $$29.00 - $34.00 per hour. These figures represent what we reasonably expect to pay for this position, but the actual compensation offered will depend upon numerous job-related factors, including but not limited to candidate skills, experience, knowledge and education.
Hess Persson Estates is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class. For more information, see the EEOC's "Equal Employment Opportunity is The Law" poster. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at 707-265-3487.
Want to learn more about our brands and the company? Check us out online!
Hess Persson Estates: https://www.hessperssonestates.com
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.