SUMMARY: Reporting to the National Account Director will be responsible for coordinating sales strategies and implementation of all sales activities in the grocery and club channels, while managing the associated distributor in the Western Region and Southern Region. Requires high-energy, high-credibility personalities who love working in the wine industry and are proven, trusted relationship builders. This position must be based in California.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Directs all sales activities with successful operation and sales execution in targeted chains in western and southern divisions: CA, AZ, WA, OR, ID, CO, TX, NM, NV, HI.
• Directly call on key off-premises accounts to achieve monthly ad support, TPR support, relative coupon needs to pull programs.
• Align with distribution Chain Account manager team and Sales team that calls on store level.
• Directly meet with chain account executives and account buyers to present opportunities, driving sales and growth.
• Develop and cultivate close relationships with key buyers, distributors, and their teams.
• Work independently, and with wholesalers’ account executives, to drive volumes and brand standard execution with each market’s chains.
• Motivate and manage distributor sales forces and executives through leadership; inspire confidence, gain respect as an effective company spokesman.
• Analyze the company’s current position and market trends using Nielsen and distributor data to make recommendations and collaborate with our team on how we can improve our effectiveness within these accounts
• Work with National Accounts Team members, Marketing team, and Distributor sales teams to create specific programs to drive velocity through features and promotions
• Communicate regularly with the Western and Southern MDW teams.
• Work closely with the RNDC NASA Off Premise team and attend yearly review and planning meetings.
• Participates in distributor, consumer, and account wine education programs, hosts wine dinners and pouring events to further the education and promotion of Michael David Wines.
• Monitor competitor products, pricing, weakness, and strengths to accordingly develop business strategy to achieve company goals.
o Information sheet for each account.
o One file with all AE responsibly by state and standardize the file.
o Chain team calendars for MD involvement in all major team meetings.
o Develop national demo program by state.
o Quarterly review process for all divisions for the assigned off sale business.
o Wine score programs for all chains that use the scoring process.
• Work with the National Sales Director to develop action plans for business opportunities using strategic insights.
• Identify all Vestcom accounts with cost analysis by chain.
• Work the market on a regular basis with account managers for new placements, programs, and market conditions.
• Implement sales performance measures and targets using the MDW brand priorities with key accounts.
• Introduce new brands as well as SKU rationalization on an annual basis is critical.
• Program execution through all key phases: planning-communication-execution-evaluation.
• Understand MDW new item priorities and execute them against each individual chain.
• Optimize shelf and cold box placements.
• Create monthly recap of successes, opportunities, and market intelligence for submission to National Sales Director at the end of each month.
• Participate in trade events, distributor holiday shows, crew drives, blitzes, and wine dinners in key accounts.
• Ensure all distributor chain managers have a clear understanding of MDW brand standards, shelf, and adjacency standards.
• Attend chain meetings in all markets to train salespeople and mangers of upcoming focus months and programs.
• Create industry leading account presentation and reviews.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Functional only
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.