We are a small, family-owned award winning winery committed to producing exceptional wines and providing a memorable experience for our customers. As we continue to grow our business, we are seeking a dynamic and versatile Hospitality Manager to play a pivotal role in our success. This role offers a unique opportunity to wear many hats, contributing to various aspects of our operations and helping us achieve our goals.
As the Hospitality Manager, you will serve as the leader in our small team, with a diverse set of responsibilities that touch every facet of our winery's operations. Your role will encompass staff management, administrative, customer service, sales, event coordination, wine club management, and more, as you help us maintain and enhance our brand's reputation and contribute to our growth.
- Manage back-office responsibilities which include, but are not limited to inventory ordering and control, collateral, inhouse shipping activities and reporting, weekly sales reporting, time and attendance, and performance goal management.
- Assist with winery & vineyard payables, our retail & outlet accounts.
- Organize and directly oversee inventory management onsite at the winery and at the production center.
- Gather information and data needed for compliance and tax filing.
HR and Onboarding:
- Assist in the onboarding process for new associates, providing training and guidance.
- Support in scheduling and coordinating associate shifts.
- Own and cultivate an exceptional customer experience in the tasting room.
- Pour wine and guide visitors through tastings, sharing your passion and knowledge of our wines.
- Assist in wine placements at local restaurants and retail outlets.
- Collaborate with team to create appealing wine experience and club offerings designed to drive qualified visitor traffic and improve sales & sign-up conversions.
- Assist in coordinating sales efforts, including tracking and managing sales orders.
- Provide insights and ideas to enhance sales strategies.
- Plan and execute wine club and hospitality events such as future wine release events, winemaker dinners, food, and wine activities, tasting room events, off-site events, and private parties.
- Manage event logistics and ensure a seamless experience for attendees.
- Manage & motivate staff to ensure exceptional customer experience
- Maintain and troubleshoot POS register and other systems as needed.
- Oversee and manage the daily operations of the tasting room.
- Ensure a clean, organized, and inviting environment for our guest.
- Maintain accurate records of wine and tasting room supplies.
- Coordinate wine orders and restocking as needed.
Wine Club Management:
- Develop and grow the wine club, including member recruitment and retention.
- Plan and execute club allocations, and wine club events and promotions.
• Proven management and leadership skills, ability to effectively train and manage a diverse staff, with diverse skill sets, in multiple locations.
• College degree in business/retail management, hospitality or wine marketing, or equivalent experience strongly preferred.
• Two to five years of prior relevant retail tasting room or consumer direct sales experience required.
• Knowledge of wine, wine production and the wine industry.
• Strategic thinking to identify areas of opportunity and be able to capitalize on them.
• Strong organizational and administrative skills.
• Effective communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
• Knowledge and passion for wine and the winemaking process.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Flexibility to adapt to changing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to work weekends and some evenings and understand the position is not a 9-5 job.
• Strong work ethic with ability to take initiative, work independently, and be self-directed.
• Must be able to lift 50lbs and stand for longer periods of time.
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
• Must be at least 21 years of age.
Must live within 30 miles of Hammonton NJ
Salary and benefits will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
If you are an enthusiastic, initiative-taking individual with a passion for wine, a strong work ethic, and the ability to juggle multiple responsibilities, we encourage you to apply for this Hospitality Manager.
Compensation: $50,000 - $65,000 DOE
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.