Reflecting the spirit, grace, and uncompromised courtesy of the Founders, the Guest Relations Assistant supports the tasting room staff, assists in setup and cleanup of large parties, ensures the tasting rooms are stocked with all necessary glassware, and helps maintain cleanliness in the winery’s public spaces.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Help the tasting room staff in opening and closing of the tasting rooms.
• Restock glassware before, during, and after service in the tasting rooms.
• Assist in setting up glassware, tasting notes, napkins, and spittoons for private tastings, as well as helps break down these tastings when they are finished.
• Support tasting room hosts during service by bringing guests water and breadsticks, refilling waters, clearing tables, and assisting guests with any requests or needs.
• Help open and close the winery’s public spaces by uncovering furniture at the beginning of the day and covering it at the end of the day.
• Maintain all heaters with full propane tanks and maintains umbrellas with proper placement for guests.
• Maintain cleanliness in all tasting areas.
• Help run food from the kitchen to tables in our culinary experiences, or clear dishes from tables.
• Assist guests in transporting wine to their cars.
• Maintain, update, and expand knowledge of viticulture and enology by participating in educational trainings offered by Opus One and by outside sources.
• Speak knowledgeably about all Opus One representatives, distributors, retailers, and vintages offered for sale at the winery or anywhere in the world, knowing details about Opus One or related merchandise to better assist trade guests with their understanding and appreciation of the wine.
• Assist in developing educational/training aids for use by the Guest Relations department.
• Other duties may be assigned as needed.
• Two (2) years’ experience working at a winery, wine-related business, hotel, or restaurant.
• Some basic wine knowledge; retail or public relations skills and experience.
• Understanding, desire, and ability to represent Opus One so as best to promote its wines and image.
• Foreign language skills (French, German, Italian, Japanese, Chinese, or Spanish) preferred.
• College degree or college level coursework preferred.
• Knowledge of viticulture, winemaking, wine marketing, and/or wine tasting preferred.
Physical ability to perform tasks that may require prolonged standing, sitting, lifting, and other activities necessary to perform essential job functions, with or without reasonable accommodation.
SAFETY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Accident prevention is of utmost importance in all phases of job responsibilities.
• Follow all company policies and procedures including job safety, safety rules and regulations.
• Assist management to provide safe and healthy working conditions at all times.
• Immediately report all unsafe conditions, work-related accidents, and illnesses to the Safety Manager and your supervisor.
SUSTAINABILITY: Opus One Winery is committed to doing its part to ensure a sustainable future and improve the environmental well-being of our community. We will continue to ensure minimal impact by continually evaluating our environmental performance and working to improve our program whenever necessary with integrity and purity of focus.
COMPENSATION: Base Compensation Range: $16.00-22.00 USD hourly*
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Opus One Winery is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate and welcome diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment.
To view the comprehensive job description, please visit our careers page: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=5879327&B_ID=83&FID=1&Ad=0&Refer=https://www2.appone.com/&ssbgcolor=17143A&SearchScreenID=10203
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.