We are looking for an energetic and motivated individual to join our team as a Hospitality Manager at Heitz Cellar.
This is an exciting opportunity with a company dedicated to producing outstanding wines and the highest level of
luxury hospitality. The ideal candidate has developed management skills, has sales acumen, loves to learn, and is
ready to become a key player in an iconic company poised to enter a new and exciting growth phase.
The reputation of Heitz Cellar for authenticity and luxury has contributed to the international stature of California
wine since Joe and Alice Heitz founded the Estate in 1961. We believe in reimagining the hospitality experience in
Napa and strive to create unique relationships with our guests while remaining authentic to ourselves and the classic
style of winemaking. Our Martha's Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, introduced in 1966 as the first single-vineyard
wine in Napa Valley, is unsurpassed in worldwide acclaim for its consistent balance and proven record of graceful
aging. Heitz Cellar encompasses over 500 acres of organic and biodynamically farmed vineyards, strategically
located in six of Napa Valley's finest appellations: Oakville, Rutherford, Howell Mountain, St. Helena, Calistoga,
and Oak Knoll. This terroir and micro-climate diversity allows for remarkable latitude for experimentation and
unmatched quality of elegant and balanced wines.
Objective: To oversee the daily activity of the hospitality team, ensuring that all Heitz Cellar hospitality standards
meet Michelin guide standards while offering a genuine and authentic experience. Train and coach the hospitality
team to meet and exceed budgeted sales and club conversion goals and ensure all guests receive a five-star
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Oversee the daily activity of the hospitality team, through presence on the floor, leading by example with
excellence in hospitality, service, and sales.
• Manage the flow of reservations, acting as Maître d’, acknowledging member tenure, guests’ special occasions
and supporting the hospitality team to anticipate guests needs and wants, touching as many tables as possible.
• Create and communicate a daily plan for the team, including reservation assignments, sales goals, notes about
VIP guests, team breaks, and any other pertinent information needed to facilitate a seamless flow of service.
• Conduct weekly sales training and daily sales coaching to develop team members and meet revenue and club
conversion goals, developing individualized training plans for underperforming sales associates.
• Conduct service training for new and current team members, ensuring Michelin-guide standards are being
• Facilitate a team environment that supports the growth and development of each member of the hospitality
• Manage all hospitality employee schedules to meet business demands, including staffing for membership and
• Assist the Director of Hospitality in creating strategies and initiatives to drive higher results in revenue and club
• Act as a gracious gatekeeper while vetting, accommodating, and exceeding guests' expectations and needs.
• Assist with business development and outreach programs, and maintenance.
• Maintain direct correspondence with guests (payment information, policies, confirmations, directions, etc.) with
refined verbiage, a gracious tone, and responses in line with Forbes Five Star Five Diamond and Michelin
• Provide backup to the Concierge answering the main phone line.
• Provide Estate Director and Director of Hospitality a daily recap of activity, facility needs, daily
successes/challenges and incomplete tasks
• Remain present on the floor, particularly at the beginning and end of the day, ensuring that opening and closing
checklists are completed, the team has support and that the properties are secure.
• Create and maintain client records through internal systems (Tock, Commerce7), including LWE referral
tracking to be updated daily
• Coordinate, plan and direct the execution of VIP visits and on-site events
• Coordinate sales and wine delivery with the appropriate department (Accounts Receivable, Inventory, and
• Provide administrative support as directed to the Director of Hospitality, including but not limited to phone
screening, errands, shipping, and ordering of items and supplies.
• Perform all related duties as assigned.
• Must be 21 years of age
• High School Diploma or Equivalent required
• 2+ years experience in a premium winery tasting room, hospitality setting, or retail sales position
• Must be flexible/available to work weekends, special events, and holidays
• Possess a valid driver's license
• Enthusiasm for wine and interest in expanding expertise
• Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Professional appearance and demeanor
• Friendly, cheerful, and professional disposition when interacting with guests, vendors, and team members
• Dynamic team player who seeks strategies to support team members and drive revenue goals
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task, follow up, and work in a fast paced environment under pressure
• Must have strong attention to detail
• Ability to understand and accurately follow written and verbal instructions
• Pro-active and thorough in completing existing tasks and pursuing new assignments
• Flexible and can manage constantly changing priorities with while remaining calm and pleasant
• Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision
• Demonstrated reliability, punctuality, and adherence to all safety regulations and operating procedures.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.