The Northeastern Regional Sales Manager for PlumpJack, CADE and Odette Wineries is responsible for sales in the Northeastern Region (NY, MA, NJ, MI, OH, CT, IN, NH, RI, VT, ME, PA, DE and eastern Canada) utilizing an extensive distribution system as established. Responsible for the region’s P/L including achieving sales goals and profitable budget management. Due to the limited production and high demand of our brands there is a sales emphasis on high profile “A” accounts of a minimum goal of 80% on-premise and 20% off-premise. Sales Manager is responsible for targeting and tracking accounts to ensure success in major markets. Will assist in developing an annual sales plan which will include: Sales by Varietal by Market, Travel and Entertainment Budget, Scheduled Winemaker, DOS and GM sales travels. Must be self-motivated, creative, organized and have the ability to work without supervision.
1) Achieve Sales Objectives while managing assigned budget
2) Develop Annual Regional Budget, Sales Plan and Travel / Entertainment Plan
3) Monthly and Quarterly Distributor Sales Updates
4) Proactively develop creative solutions to achieve distribution and growth objectives
5) Communicate (written) allocations by varietal, release schedule, pricing, goals and distribution objectives to PlumpJack/CADE/Odette Administration, distributors and brokers
6) With PlumpJack/CADE/Odette Controller, ensure Distributors are current with winery’s A/R Policy
7) Approve A/P Bill Backs from Brokers and Distributors
8) Develop (quarterly) Key On-Premise and Off-Premise Tracking System by Market
9) Coordinate and Encourage with PlumpJack/CADE/Odette Marketing and Hospitality Staff Distributor, Broker and Key Account visits to wineries
10) Participate in Annual Marketing, Positioning and Collateral Material Plan Development
11) With PlumpJack/CADE/Odette Marketing develop contact list by market and by channel for email direct communication on a monthly basis
12) Make Recommendations for any new distribution and/or changes to DOS
Sales / Travel:
Minimum 50% travel to Key Markets to inspire distributors through market work, education and planning meetings.
Minimum 25% market work in “home” region to grow distribution through distributor work and alone
Attend Key Market Trade Shows
Host or attend Charity, Consumer Wine Tastings and Dinners
Communication and ensure awareness of PlumpJack, CADE and Odette Marketing Objectives.
Conduct on- going training and tastings for key on-premise and off premise accounts.
JOB KNOWLEDGE & EDUCATIONAL LEVEL:
Must have minimum five years of experience in the wholesale luxury wine business. Candidate will be able to show a track record of success and have the proven ability to achieve distribution objectives profitability. Computer proficiency: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and VIP/Karma. Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills. Must be a positive team player who has the ability to work with groups or alone, problem solve, prioritize and achieve objectives in a rapidly changing environment. Ability to travel a minimum of 60% and work weekends as necessary.
SKILLS AND APTITUDES:
Proven sales ability. Excellent selling skills. Detail oriented. Organized and efficient. Safety-minded. High quality standards for production and service. Diplomatic and calm. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Courteous, friendly and a professional manner. Good team player. Exceptional customer service focus. Able to work productively with little supervision. Trustworthy and reliable.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.