Chambers & Chambers Wine Merchants has been importing and distributing fine wine throughout California and Hawaii for over 50 years. We offer an outstanding portfolio of both domestic and imported wines from around the world. We have a unique opportunity for a Fine Wine Sales Representative in the Downtown San Diego area and we’re looking for someone who is a great fit.
What works for us: passion for wine, ability to make a sale, and a drive to sell great wine. We’re looking for someone who has been in the industry for at least two years and understands how important relationships and discipline are to success.
What we can offer you: competitive compensation package including commission, bonus, auto reimbursement, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) with matching, incentive trips, educational allowance, working with good people, and great wine education.
What we require of you:
• Build and maintain buyer relationships at high profile and top volume accounts through direct calling efforts.
• Develop the customer base through superior knowledge of our wines, quality presentations and consistent servicing of accounts.
• Regularly conduct sales calls upon existing and potential customers within the assigned territory.
• Grow sales placements and revenue within each account by effectively targeting wine lists and retail slot opportunities.
• Execute new account goals by implementing an effective cold calling program and following up on qualified leads.
• Identify sales opportunities, challenges, and solutions.
• Effectively communicate both internally and externally to insure the timely dissemination of information, offerings, last call, vintage changes, etc.
• Conduct staff education events and distribute educational materials in support of the portfolio.
• Commit to same day responses to all customer and company communications (including will call orders)
• Execute and support supplier and company workwiths, tasting events, and promotions.
• Act a primary point person for the assigned territory’s customers with regard to order placement, order discrepancies and other issues.
• Actively review sales restrictions and allocations to insure timely response to solicitations and offerings.
• Create weekly action plan required to reach sales goals and expand customer base.
• Actively participate in monthly sales meetings, individual goal reviews and educational tours of wineries and vineyards.
• Extensive wine knowledge and/or certification with SWE, WSET preferred.
• Two-plus years of beverage retail, hospitality, or wholesale experience.
• Must be able to work independently, take ownership of assigned duties and meet deadlines, while managing multiple priorities.
• At least 21-years-old.
• Must be able to handle 40-pound cases and other point-of-sale materials and displays with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Must be computer literate: Excel, Word, Outlook, Powerpoint. PocketAdvantage a plus.
• Must have own transportation, possess a valid driver license, proof of auto insurance, and a clean driving record.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.