Wine Consultant Position
Do you love wine? We do! Tower Beer, Wine & Spirits, owned and operated locally, is one of the largest brick and mortar and internet wine retailers in the southeast. At our 2 stores, we offer the largest selection of products paired with the lowest prices in Georgia. We are well-known for our excellent, personable customer service and our knowledgeable staff.
The ideal candidate will have extensive wine knowledge and a continued passion for learning, plus a professional "can-do" attitude and energy.
The wine associate is expected to serve as an expert who will provide outstanding service to assist guests in finding wines to meet their needs. This requires a thorough knowledge of our priority items, wine pairing, wine regions, and wine prices. As needed, the wine associate will attend/conduct tastings, place special orders, be responsible for creating/building displays and other duties, as listed below. Having a wine certificate is a huge plus.
* Sell wine, using a high level of knowledge
* Greet and engage our guests in a warm, welcoming manner and assist them with purchases, selection or general inquiries; make guests aware of store events and special tastings
* Know products being promoted online and in our store
* Accurately estimate and execute party/event orders
* Attend tastings, show a dedication to increasing wine knowledge, including trends in the wine industry
* Have knowledge of food and wine pairings
* Help select items for gift baskets when needed, and cross-promote giftware and gourmet items.
* Build, update and restock displays; ensure that shelves are fully stocked and organized at all times, and shelves are clean and dust free.
* Print and display POS signage and shelf tags
* Monitor vintage changes – make sure appropriate steps are taken when new vintages arrive
* Perform inventory counts as requested
* Additional responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of management
* Minimum 3-5 years wine sales
* Have an established local client base portfolio
* Must be energetic, organized and self-motivated
* Attention to detail with exceptional follow up skills
* Continue to establish local relationships through community events and activities
Retail hours include working on weekends, some nights and holidays so applicants should have a flexible schedule. Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
We offer a competitive starting salary, employee discount, 401K match, great insurance, etc.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.