• • • Huneeus Vintners is seeking a tenured and dynamic General Sales Manager for our eastern region. This role is a high profile position within our organization and will oversee the eastern region sales team and efforts. It is required that the role be based out of the east coast. Come join our talented team and strong culture in one of the most exciting organizations in the fine wine space!•
Responsible for establishing and ensuring delivery of the Huneeus annual business plan and fine wine brand building objectives. The General Sales Manager will provide leadership of the distributor, internal sales organization and key trade relationships for the region while continuing to position Huneeus as a preeminent fine wine supplier.
*The following reflects essential functions for this role but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• Lead the development of the Regional Annual Operating Plan ensuring it is consistent with the strategic direction of the Huneeus luxury brand portfolio and that it demonstrates the right scale of ambition.
• Coordinate the communication of the regional annual business plan to Distributor Principals and key Division Managers ensuring all annual plans are agreed to by the respective markets.
• Deliver the Regions Annual profit, shipment, depletion and revenue goals while maintaining strict adherence to the Huneeus brand standards; on-and-off premise mix objectives, prioritizing and penetrating prestige account universe, activating Huneeus brands in the highest profile and influential accounts in the market
• Develop robust Regional processes that monitor and control volume, revenue and profitability in the right channels of trade
• Utilize people management skills to train, educate and develop all members of the team to achieve their short and long term personal & professional goals.
• Implement informed business decisions through a strong working knowledge of the Huneeus sales philosophy; specific areas of attention include the role of each brand in the HV Portfolio, price guidelines and margin management, brand & channel standards
• Work closely with the Marketing team to develop appropriate luxury Regional programs.
• Allocate Regional funds effectively and efficiently to get the best return on investment for Huneeus over the short to medium-term.
• • Maintain an in-depth and thorough knowledge of key accounts, marketplace and market conditions
• • Use facts to identify market opportunities; allocate the resources to capitalize on these opportunities
• Monitor competitor activities in the market and communicate information on competitive strategy & tactics for future planning
• Contribute to a cooperative and collaborative work environment.
To perform the job successfully an individual must demonstrate the following competencies:
• • Leadership - knows how high-performance teams' functions and strives to build one
• • Driving results - Allocates time and resources to the channels, customers, brands and activities that most directly determine achievement of goals
• • Luxury Brand Building and Selling skills - keen understanding of the fine wine consumer and trade landscape and knowledge of how to execute against brand objectives
• • Relationship Management - Demonstrates the ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships with customers and co workers
• • Sales Planning - Demonstrates expert planning skills. Understands all the fundamentals needed to implement effective pricing and programming.
• Strong code of ethics and high level of integrity
• Tenacious and resilient
• Energetic self-starter manager who has demonstrated an ability to communicate, work with and lead others in a matrix environment
• Works cooperatively as a member of the Huneeus team and is committed to the overall team objectives rather than own interests.
• Actively learns from own failures and successes and those of others.
• Is honest in opinions and takes responsibility for his/her actions.
• Acts to the values of Huneeus documented in the Company's guiding principles.
• Leads change through experimentation and learning.
• Bachelor's degree in Business or related area or equivalent years working experience in related area in lieu of degree required.
• Minimum of seven years previous professional outside sales experience required.
• Minimum 2 to 3 years multi-state supplier experience in wine/spirits.
• Three-tier sales management experience required.
• Wine/alcohol beverage industry experience highly desirable but not required.
A General Sales Manager is expected to be very active in their territory. The time in each city or market should match the market size/potential of the geography.
• Occasional delivery of samples weighing approx. 45lbs.
• 50% travel as a minimum - combination of vehicle and air.
• Home based office (used no more than 2 days per week)
• Minimum of 50% of time in field - will require walking, standing, bending and lifting.
• Circa 40-50% of time divided between meetings, presentations and desk work
Equal Employment Opportunity
Huneeus Wines LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Annual salary: $150,000 to $200,000 base plus bonus and additional benefits
Location: St Helena, CA (94574)
Category: Sales and Marketing
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.