JOB TITLE: Metro NY Merchandiser
EMPLOYER: Opici Family Distributing/RNDC
DEPARTMENT: New York Sales
SUMMARY: Responsible for Merchandising of products in an assigned territory of accounts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Manage POS Inventory from Receiving Dock, to Flow area, to shipping/delivery to market areas and customers.
• Create POS Process for Suppliers: Manage the needs of the business in collaboration with Portfolio Team and Sales, properly utilize resources, prevent waste of bulk POS arriving quarterly, and avoid bottleneck of unused materials.
• Call on assigned group of accounts to merchandise products in retail stores.
• Build displays in accounts using point of sale materials.
• Manage Sample Process: Work with Brand Manager and Director of Sales for MNY to ensure timeliness and efficiency of sample process end to end for delivery to Sales Geographies.
• Occasionally make deliveries of products to accounts.
• Assist with other Warehouse and Administrative duties as necessary.
• This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
• One to two years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
• Valid driver’s license mandatory, with acceptable to good driving record.
• $18 to $23 per hour commensurate with experience.
• Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
• Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
• Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
• Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
• Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
• Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
• Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
• Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
• Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence; Takes calculated risks to accomplish goals.
• Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
• Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
• Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules other people and their tasks; Develops realistic action plans.
• Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
• Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
• Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
• Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
• Continually required to stand.
• Frequently required to walk.
• Occasionally required to sit.
• Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity.
• Frequently required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl.
• Continually required to talk or hear.
• Occasionally required to taste or smell.
• Occasionally exposure to wet and/or humid conditions (non-weather).
• While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
• The employee must occasionally lift and /or move frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.