AvinoDos is a boutique winery in the Grape Crusher District of South Napa, focused on small-lot single-vineyard Napa wines. We are a small, goal-oriented, team maintaining a collegial, and easy-going workplace, while simultaneously providing our guests with a professional and educational winery experience.
AvinoDos Wines is looking for a part-time Wine Educator to work weekends and occasional weekdays. The Part-Time Wine Educator position is responsible for providing guests of AvinoDos Wines first-rate hospitality and customer service. This position ensures each guest has a memorable and exceptional winery experience, where the focus is on our brand story, wine and winemaking education, sales, and wine club sign ups.
• Positive attitude and enthusiasm towards job, customers, and co-workers
• Wine & wine production knowledge, and ability to communicate effectively.
• Ability to anticipate guest’s needs and provide exceptional service.
• Sales ability and awareness of winery sales goals
• Ability to demonstrate productivity and initiative (ability to perform duties as delegated by manager).
• Dependability (timeliness) and attention to detail
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide guests with a memorable and exceptional experience. This includes:
– Educating guests about AvinoDos’ history, AvinoDos wines and winemaking techniques.
– Hosting engaging tasting experiences with exceptional customer service and hospitality.
– Conducting winery tours and barrel tastings.
– Developing and cultivating relationships with guests and wine club members to encourage repeat visits, referrals and additional sales.
• Promote and sell AvinoDos wines, club memberships and merchandise.
• Assist in maintaining the cleanliness of the tasting room, polishing glassware and general appearance of the facilities.
• Assist with daily business functions, including opening and closing procedures, wine and non-wine inventory management, and restocking.
• Handle cash and credit card transactions through the point-of-sale system.
• Assist with special events, and represent the winery at outside functions as needed
• Ability to work weekends and holidays
• Proficient in Point of Sale, Internet, Phone Apps
• Prior tasting room, event, restaurant or other sales (hospitality focused) experience
• Self-starter, clear communicator, positive team player, multi-tasker
• Wine knowledgeable, and effective sales person
• Must be at least 21 years in age
• Ability to lift up to 50lb
Competitive hourly rate and tips
Individual commission on wine club sign-ups
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.