At Winebow, we are strongly committed to creating an environment that fosters diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are intentional in our efforts to ensure that every employee has a sense of value and opportunity in our company, and we work tirelessly to promote a culture of inclusion where our team feels safe, respected, and valued. We want our Winebow family to feel at home and to be empowered to bring their best selves forward.
We seek talent from all backgrounds to join our organization and are dedicated to achieving a diverse workforce in all aspects of employment including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, promotion, training, benefits, wage and salary equity.
The District Manager will oversee all territory management responsibilities including supervision of Sales Consultants in their assigned territory.
• Develops and effective marketing and sales strategic plan in order to maximize wine and spirits distribution within an established or growing customer base.
• Analyzes current markets identifying strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
• Works in the market with sales consultants; provides suggestions and strategies to increase business.
• Analyze reports on a daily, weekly and monthly basis to identify potential growth areas, capture market share, identify trends, monitor depletions, and make recommendations to sales consultants or the VP/GM.
• Ensures sales consultants are completing, adhering and referring to all necessary educational programs, materials, and other sales training.
• Conducts tastings, attends dinners and participates in trade shows as necessary.
• Works, when necessary, with the accounting department to resolve any billing issues within their designated territory.
• Responsible for staffing, staff planning, conducting performance appraisals on direct reports, budgeting, ensuring compliance with training requirements, developing direct reports and controlling expenditures.
• Arrives to work, meetings, appointments and other work-related functions on time and as scheduled.
• Meets agreed upon goals and objectives effectively and in a timely manner.
• Follows all safety policies and procedures; communicate hazards and/or suggest improvements to Manager.
• Acts as a backup for sales consultants in their absence.
• Other duties as assigned
• High School Diploma or GED; Additional education strongly preferred.
• Valid Driver's License.
• Five years of field sales/marketing experience in the fine wine industry.
• Three years of territory management, including personnel supervision.
• Must have proven, amiable, and active relationships with top customers throughout the local region.
• Computer literacy with a focus on MS Office, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Demonstrated effective and efficient written and oral communication
• Excellent people skills, and management skills
• Needs excellent time management skills
• Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
• Superior follow through and the ability to handle multiple tasks with limited supervision.
The salary for this position is around $90,000. This position is also eligible for a bonus of 20%. We offer a comprehensive benefits package of medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D, 401k with company match, employee purchase program (where licensed), and paid time off. If you are hired at Winebow, your final base salary compensation will be determined based on factors such as geographic location, skills, education and/or experience. In addition to those factors, we consider internal equity of our current team members as a part of any final offer.
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.