Skurnik Wines is looking for a service and hospitality minded candidate to join the Sales Support Team in our New York HQ. We distinguish ourselves as a distributor by our service to our sales team, customers and suppliers. Known colloquially as “Skurnik University” the Sales Support Team acts as an integral connection between the sales team and the administrative team through sales order entry, inventory and allocation responsibilities, sales reporting, and liaison operations departments.
We are seeking candidates with self-starting personalities, with the ability to multi-task, problem solve, and communicate effectively. With an expanding portfolio of wines, spirit and sake, our sales team is growing, and “Skurnik University” provides an excellent training and preparation for internal promotion into sales and operations positions.
The ideal start date for this position is December 2023.
- 2 years’ experience in wine or spirits industry: restaurant, retail, wholesale
- Knowledge of major wine regions, producers and grape varieties
- Effective communication skills
- Computer proficiency
- Microsoft: Outlook, Word, Excel
- iOS devices and applications
- Internet navigation
- Sales Order Entry
- Order entry via phone and email
- Order management for app, web and automated orders
- Sales Team Support
- Customer Service
- Delivery ETAs
- House account sales
- Events: In Store Tastings, Staff Trainings, Trade Tastings
- Interdepartmental support for: Logistics, Finance, Design, Events & Compliance
- Special Projects, as needed for customers, suppliers, sales and operations
- Continued wine & spirit education
- Priority for internal promotion
Create a Job Alert
Receive an email alert when similar new jobs are posted. It's free, fast and easy.