The property includes:
• 7.8 acres of land with hillside views
• Renovated, 2449sf 3-bedroom / 4 bathroom farmhouse-style residence, with
• Attached garage with separate HVAC system to support a small winery setup
• Outdoor gas fireplace with pizza oven
• Two-acre fully-operational and producing vineyard with mower and ATV included
• Fruit orchard and olive trees
• Swimming pool and koi pond
• A separate 3897sf building with space for a larger expansion winery
• RV parking / storage area with connections
• Vineyard and winery related equipment included with the sale
At 7.8 acres, this property is larger than many residential homes commonly seen with a few grapevines in the front or back yard, but it is not as large as a typical North Bay vineyard/winery.
The listing price of $2,500,000 includes $1,750,000 for the residence and land, and $750,000 for the business opportunity.
Varieties Planted: Mostly Petit Sirah. With some Chardonnay, Merlot, Mourvedre, Muscat, Syrah, Zinfandel
Vineyard Harvest 2017:
• Petite Sirah: a little over 10 tons = 28 barrels = 700 cases
• Mourvedre: 1 barrel = 25 cases or may be blended with Petite Sirah
• Chardonay + Orange Moscato: approximately 1 barrel = 25 cases
The current owner has sold grapes for blending for years. Located on the Santa Clara Wine Trail, just a short drive from Silicon Valley.
This was originally the hobby vineyard home of a successful Silicon Valley building contractor responsible for some of the area's most prominent corporate campuses. Build quality is consequently first-rate, and wines produced here have won awards:
- The 2010 Petite Sirah won the 2013 Critics Challenge Gold award
- The 2009 Petite Sirah won the silver medal in its category at the 2012 Riverside International Wine Competition
- The 2008 Petite Sirah won Best in Class (Best Petite Sirah) at the 2012 Sommelier Challenge
- The 2008 Petite Sirah won a Gold Medal at the 2012 International Women’s Wine Competition
The purchase price does not include the 2018 harvest, which has already been committed.
See the video highlighting the 2016 harvest at http://www.allen-net.net/milagro-harvest-video .
Up to now, the property has been used to sell grapes and not make wine except for family / friends. In this light, the property has been an expense item, because it was the owner's passion and source of enjoyment, not a source of profit. We believe that the property can be turned into a profitable business simply by making wine on-site and selling at retail, or it can be an ideal acquisition for a larger winery to have exclusive access to blending grapes.
This is a property that is perfectly ready for an aspiring and knowledgeable vintner who does not want to go through the arduous first years of building a 7.8-acre property into a vineyard / winery, since that phase has already been accomplished. This property is also ideal for those seeking a location other than Napa/Sonoma, or who are indifferent regarding location, or for expansion of / addition to an existing vineyard / winery.
If your plans can benefit from having a proven vineyard, or if you dream of owning a California hillside vineyard home, this is an ideal opportunity.
Contact us today for more information and photos of this property, and to talk with the owner. We respond promptly and you are under no obligation.