This Marketing Manager will have a leadership role in developing and executing marketing plans and activities to support both long term and short term marketing goals for Ste. Michelle Wine Estates’ portfolio of wines from the Torres family (Spain and Chile).
• Lead efforts to champion the Torres wine portfolio throughout the SMWE organization, inspiring cross-functional partners to bring brand strategy and vision to life in their functional areas.
• Partner closely with the VP, Group Brand Director, Luxury & Import Brands to develop and execute long term strategic plans for the Torres portfolio.
• Create business-building programs, point of sale, sales literature, events and sponsorships to target luxury/ultra-premium wine consumers in both off-premise and on-premise channels.
• Direct the efforts of advertising and promotions agencies as well as internal Creative team.
• Work closely with the promotions team to develop, manage and assess effective consumer promotions.
• Manage jointly-funded (with Torres) A&P budgets to maximize the effectiveness of Marketing spending and to achieve Imports Portfolio profit objectives.
• Work closely with partners in Spain, Chile and Torres’ US Market Manager to build a strong partnership relationship based on effective communication and shared vision.
• Work closely with Business Intelligence Group, Finance and other internal resources to provide and communicate timely brand performance data to the internal team and our partners in Spain.
• Work closely with Demand Planning and Customer Service to assure proper inventory management both in Spain and SMWE’s stateside warehouse.
• Corporate office environment
• Ability to travel 15%-20% to meet domestic & international business needs
• Available to work weekdays, weekends, evenings as required by events and business travel.
• Ability to sit at a computer for extended periods of time.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field (or equivalent work experience)
• MBA highly preferred.
• Minimum 5 years CPG (consumer package goods) marketing experience (3+ years at Marketing Manager level).
• 3+ years’ experience marketing imported wines into the U.S. sought.
• Emphasis on Spanish fine wine experience preferred.
• Outstanding communication skills, including formal presentations and one-on-one communication. Spanish language skills a plus.
• Strategic planning and P&L management experience.
• Program and project management skills, including the ability to take multiple projects from concept through execution, accompanied by the ability to prioritize projects.
• High level of creativity, both with problem-solving and program development.
• Strong leadership ability, ranging from the ability to successfully lead cross-functional project teams, motivate sales force and inspire confidence among top management (both internally and with our import suppliers) in proposed programs and business solutions.
• Management skills, including the ability and desire to lead, support and develop direct reports.
• Excellent analytical and organizational skills as well as the ability to work effectively in a
fast paced, deadline driven environment.
• Highly proficient with PC-based software and information systems.
• Must be available for up to 15-20% travel.