Job Description :
Ensure the timely production of assigned wine blends and company products meeting company regulatory standards. Responsible for assuring quality and brand requirements are met for all wines and brands under his/her direction.
• Assist Winemakers in the production of assigned blends and brands to insure that all quality requirements are met and that the integrity of the wines and brands are maintained.
• Assist Winemakers in research projects: Micro-oxidation, oak chip trials, filtration trials, racking, SO2 additions, copper additions, sampling, analyses, tasting, summarize data, etc.
• Assure that all company and regulatory standards are followed, including standards of environmental sustainability.
• Ensure the proper processing, blending, chemical additions, stabilization, tank health of all wines
• Write work orders for all processes as needed.
• Provide technical expertise in various processing areas
• May represent the winery at various industry, media, regulatory, and trade events.
Job Requirements :
• Bachelors degree Enology, Chemistry, Food Science, or related field
• 2+ years experience
• Practical knowledge of cellar operations
• Knowledge of Government Regulations
• Knowledge of EPA regulations on air and water desired.
• Good organizational, planning, and presentation skills
Physical Requirements / Other:
• Ability to lift 50 lbs. Stand/walk extended periods of time, climb stairs.
• Able to monitor the aroma and flavor of wines & spirits.
• Able to travel internationally or domestically
• Able to work long hours, late shifts, and weekends particularly during harvest.
The physical requirements listed are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the key responsibilities/essential functions. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.