Troon Vineyard, the preeminent winery in the Applegate Valley of Southern Oregon, is searching for a full-time Tasting Room Manager for our satellite location in Carlton, OR. The chosen candidate must have a passion for wine, be a true sales performer, have strong management skills, and be self-motivated.
Essential job responsibilities include being a dynamic and educational presence in a high-traffic tasting room, event execution and planning, coordinating and administering the Wine Club, telephone sales, shipping and compliance, merchandising, mediating customer service issues, inventory control, light food preparation, continually obtaining wine knowledge to share with guests, and maintaining tasting room cleanliness.
- Professional, engaging personality with a team member attitude
- Knowledge of wine and viticulture is required
- Quick learner and ability to multi-task
- Dynamic sales skills with the ability to exceed personal and team goals
- Ability to adapt and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to motivate and manage employees
- Excellent organizational skills
- College degree or commensurate work experience
- Must be over 21 years old
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs. on a regular basis
- Work a flexible, full-time schedule, including most weekends and occasional evening events
- Must have, or be eligible for, an OLCC server's license
- Must obtain Food Handler's Card
- Must have clean driving record and transportation
Typical schedule is Thursday through Sunday and special events.
Email documents. PLEASE DO NOT CALL OR STOP BY THE WINERY. Selected candidates will be contacted for interviews.