August Wine Group©, featuring Small Vineyards© Imports and Bocelli Family Wines©, is America’s leading importer of limited production and emerging Italian and Mediterranean wines. Based in Seattle, WA, we import wines of exceptional quality that are hand-harvested, low-yield, and earth-friendly. As an energetic, creative team of professionals, we employ a very fresh approach to the marketing, sales, and brand-building of wines through education, effective channel-strategy, hard work, and creative problem-solving. We are serious about our work, our estate partners, our distribution partners, and creating successful career paths for our team.
Our Seattle-based NW Regional Client Liaison will oversee a multi-state territory, managing two members of our sales team, as well as our distribution partners and certain key-account relationships in Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, and Alaska. Applicants should live in Seattle, and be willing to travel.
The NW Regional Client Liaison position requires previous experience as a supplier and/or distributor in the fine wine business, along with a passion for Italian and Old World wines. Our candidate is a motivated, independent professional with a strong understanding of distributor relationship management, and/or a stellar track record as a distributor sales representative.
August Wine Group pays competitive wages and bonuses in a terrific work environment. Salary dependent upon strength of candidacy. We offer full health care benefits, car allowance, and a generous vacation package.
• 3+ years sales experience at the supplier and/or wholesaler level
• Self-starting, independent worker, who thrives within a national team/management framework
• Experience in managing pricing, depletion allowances, bill-backs
• Expertise in creating, managing and executing sales programs
• Inspirational presentation and “storytelling” skills
• Strong leadership and detail-organizational skills
• Effective negotiator
• Ability to help set goals, track results, and achieve sales and branding objectives of the Company
• Ability to work some evenings and weekends
• Selling to and maintaining relationships with key On and Off-Premise accounts
• Ability to educate distributor staff and key accounts on Italian wines
• Ability to travel to Europe – Italian language skills very helpful
• Sommelier, CWE and other advanced wine training a strong plus
• Technical proficiency very important. Should be comfortable with basic MS Office suite products (Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point)
Job Description / Essential Duties:
• Identify best-practice strategies and prioritize efforts based on Company objectives
• Manage distributor performance (ship-ins, depletions, pricing, sales programs)
• Satisfactorily complete internal reports in a timely manner
• Help establish and achieve sales volume and profit goals while controlling costs and making intelligent expenditure decisions within a budgetary framework
• Strategic, well-planned sales calls with distributor sales representatives
• Always seek new business opportunities
• Excellent problem-solving and problem-avoidance skills
• Work closely with the National Sales Manager to develop sales forecasts and incentive planning for the region
• Conduct the highest standard wine tastings and wine dinners, with and without Italian winemakers