A local winery is currently seeking an experienced individual to manage our two locations, events, and wine club. The successful candidate must be a self-starter and a team player with the ability to lead by example. Essential to their success is the ability to maintain the operational and administrative elements of the tasting room, wine bar, events, and wine club, together with creating dynamic guest experiences that lead to lasting relationships with our customers. This is a full time position requiring a flexible schedule with evening and weekend availability.
• Manage the operations of two locations, staff and events to create an excellent experience.
• Promote the sale of wines by the bottle and the case, and wine club memberships.
• Maintain a constant profile for the guests in the tasting room; building lasting relationships with wine club members and guests.
• Supervise and lead by example. Motivate and inspire sales staff, maintaining an environment that reflects the high hospitality standards of the winery.
• Acquire and maintain thorough knowledge of winery and wines as well as that of competitors.
• Describe wines, winemaking techniques, and winery history; respond to guest questions with accuracy and confidence. Train staff to do the same
• Administer all aspects of the wine club.
• Sales reconciliation and inventory.
• Lead staff in meetings and tastings; regularly contributing topics of interest regarding wine industry news and trends, tasting room best practices, building the wine club, educational modules and social media.
• Manage our Portland kitchen, track food costs, and regularly update the menu and catering menu.
• Keep up to date on staff performance, identifying issues and taking corrective action.
• Assist in developing goals and incentives for retail staff.
• Facilitate the successful planning and execution of special events; manage event staff and work at special events in and outside of the winery as needed.
Successful Candidates Will Possess
• Undergraduate college degree preferred.
• Excellent wine knowledge and demonstrated ability to sell wine; wine education credentials preferred.
• Experience in event planning and execution.
• Merchandising and marketing experience in a retail environment a plus.
• Ability to deliver the ultimate in guest satisfaction; commitment to excellence, high standards and strong hospitality skills.
• Strong leadership skills and demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating employees.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
• Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
• Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
• Demonstrated ability to present in an engaging and insightful manner to individuals and/or groups.
No phone calls or walk-ins please