This is a full time position reporting directly to the GM of the Eastern Region. Under general direction, this position will assist with planning, organizing, directing, selling and delivering the company volume and financial plan for all commodities in the on and off premise channel.
Position duties include, but are not limited to:
• Responsible for achieving net sales dollars, net profits and net profit percentage goals for on premise channel.
• Responsible for monitoring new product placements in the on and off premise channel.
• Responsible for keeping team abreast of current pricing and deals as well as monitor and control discounting and manual overrides in on premise channel.
• Responsible for evaluating employee performance and making adjustments when and where problems exist.
• Responsible for working with sales team at least 2-3 days per week to review retail conditions and supplier/company standards and provide action plans to address any shortcomings in the market place.
• Responsible for reviewing sales books, file systems and organizational skills of sales representatives.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining professional relationships with top A/B retailers in on premise channel
• Responsible for key account calls on multiple outlet accounts in on & off premise channel.
• Responsible for leading all aspects of new account openings (presentations, deals, paperwork, etc)
• Responsible for coordinating market visits, work-withs and surveys with supplier/corporate representatives that fall within on & off premise channel.
• Responsible for developing marketing plans/strategies that will help drive short term/long term volume opportunities.
• Responsible for submitting all required paperwork, reports and tracking of programs promptly and accurately as directed by management.
• Responsible for tracking and operating within assigned yearly budgets
• Responsible for having working knowledge of key information tools ( i.e. Diver ) and being able to analyze customers/suppliers performance TY vs. LY which will help lead to achieving company/supplier goals
• Responsible for continual self education and knowledge of new and existing products in the company portfolio as well as competitive portfolio.
• Responsible for showing professionalism in all of the following areas at all times: Attire, Conduct, Time Management, Proper and thorough follow up, Sales presentations/proposals and Relationships
• Responsible for adhering to all company polices as dictated by human resources
• Must be at least 21 years old
• 3 years minimum outside sales or chain management experience in sales. Beverage industry (wholesale/supplier) preferred
• Previous supervisory/management experience preferred
• College degree preferred, however High School diploma or GED equivalent required
• Good oral and written communication
• Working knowledge of basic computer applications (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint…)
• Excellent interpersonal, communication, mathematical, time management and organizational skills
• Ability to prioritize and work in rapidly changing, fast growth environment
• Must be able to lift at least 30 lbs.
• Must possess valid Drivers License
• Must be licensable under guidelines determined by state alcohol regulations
• Must have reliable transportation and ability to maintain 100/300/100 insurance limitations
• Background checks (i.e. Police backgrounds, reference checks, etc…)
• Motor Vehicle record will be pulled to establish employment eligibility:
o Cannot have DUI, reckless driving or hit in run in past 5 years
o Cannot have more than 3 moving violations in past 3 years
• Drug Free Workplace
• Equal Opportunity Employer
The job is very demanding, hours fluctuate, there will be late nights involved (i.e. promotions, wine dinners, events, etc.)
Must be able to travel to various locations throughout territory to work with sales reps and sales supervisors