Trinchero Family Estates (“TFE”) is wholly owned and operated by the Trinchero family, Napa Valley vintners since 1948. The company’s diverse portfolio of more than 40 wines and spirits includes such brands such as Sutter Home, Ménage à Trois, Trinchero Napa Valley, SeaGlass, Fancy Pants, Napa Cellars, Terra d’Oro, Trinity Oaks, Folie à Deux, Duck Commander Wines, and the number one alcohol-removed wine, Fre. Trinchero Family Estates also markets and sells Joel Gott Wines; The Three Thieves (Bandit, Newman’s Own, and The SHOW); Charles & Charles; Taken Wine Co.; Angove Wines from Australia; Doña Paula wines from Argentina; Carmen Wines from Chile; Shatter Wines from France; and CRUZ and Tres Agaves Tequilas from Mexico. Visit www.tfewines.com to learn more.
We currently have a Sales Analyst position available in our Sales Administration department.
Development of sales and marketing reports and analyses using distributor shipment, depletion, and inventory information, Spectra demographic data, retail scan data (AC Nielsen), and other internal and external data sources and systems.
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Assist DVPs, and Sales and Marketing Managers, with information gathering, marketing studies, business insights and recommendations on how to move the business forward.
• Serve as focal point for the use of syndicated marketing data, depletion and retail sales data, and associated analytical tools.
• Manage syndicated databases and train users on available tools and techniques for evaluating performance across brands, markets, channels and categories.
• Evaluate reports and reporting tools needed by the Sales and Marketing departments for evaluating and understanding performance trends with their business.
• Develop analyses on customers, prospective customers, competitive market share, pricing, product, and distribution opportunities.
• Present analyses to management and sales field, with an emphasis on headlining key business insights.
• Analyze competitive environment and its impact on trend analyses and sales forecasts.
• 2 or more years of experience with complex data analyses, defining and solving departmental or corporate information needs, preferably related to sales and marketing.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience is required. Advanced degree in business, mathematics, or related field is a plus.
• Strong mathematical, analytical, and problem solving skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong user level computer skills required, with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel wemphasis on pivot and lookup tables, Word, PowerPoint).
• Experience with database applications is helpful. The ability to work with mainframe business systems is essential.
• General knowledge of the wine industry, sales and distribution processes and knowledge of Nielsen Nitro, Business Intelligence reporting, and other similar programs is essential.
• Valid California driver’s license with clean driving record.
• Ability to analyze complex data and present recommendations to management is necessary.
• Must be able to interact effectively with other winery departments as well as outside organizations.
• Accuracy, attention to detail, and the ability to follow through are essential.
• Must have good organizational skills and be highly self-motivated.
• Office environment
• Usually work a standard work week.
• Extensive computer work
• May be required to work at any of TFE's locations
• Frequent deadline pressures
• Numerous projects in progress at any given time
• May be required to work some overtime hours
• Comply with company safety regulations