Korbel Champagne Cellars is looking for a self-motivated, creative and enthusiastic individual, with the ability to work calmly under pressure. This position represents the company in a professional manner to ensure that VIP visitors leave with a favorable impression of the winery and its products.
1. Coordinate with Hospitality Director and other related departments at the beginning of each month for scheduled events.
2. Responsible for coordination, execution, ordering and purchase of all beverages, decorations (including flowers), linens and other supplies for each event.
3. Responsible for working with client (internal and public) to obtain all necessary details to successfully execute events.
4. Assists with the presentation of all food & beverage, in coordination with the chef.
5. Schedules on-call serving staff for each event. Responsible for coordinating proper staffing and making assignments for events.
6. Works as lead on-site server as coordinated in advance with Hospitality Director.
7. Responsible for managing labor hours and submitting/inputting event staff hours into the payroll system in an accurate and timely manner. Maintains event records and event staff time sheets.
8. May be required to assist Hospitality Director in event staff recruitment/training/program development.
9. Ensures all staff has obtained necessary Food Handling Certification as deemed by the Department of Health. In addition, ensures that all event areas meet Health and Safety regulations.
10. Responsible for maintaining event supply inventory at Korbel winery, guest and executive facilities. Including: Stocking items (i.e., soda, water, coffee, product and linens), event inventories, Rec Room refrigerator, Hospitality wine locker and refrigerator(s).
11. Assists the Director of Hospitality with a variety of functions to include (but not limited to): overseeing Facility maintenance, routine reports, budget analysis, communication to other departments and submission/coding of invoices/receipts.
12. May be responsible for checking VIP guests in at Korbel Guest Houses and able to offer information about the local area and the services provided for guests.
13. May assist in operations of Korbel Delicatessen as directed by Hospitality Director.
14. Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL:
1. An understanding of food and beverage and/or event planning is required.
2. Proficiency with Excel, Word and Outlook required as well as an understanding of the Internet; its functions and capabilities.
3. Must have a valid CA driver’s license and clear DMV driving record. Able to drive a company vehicle.
4. Ability to work a fluctuating schedule, often under short notice, including late evenings and weekends. May work over 8 hours per day and/or 40 hours per week depending on workload.
To apply please send your resume and cover letter outlining how your qualifications meet the stated requirements listed above and include your requested salary range. Applications are available at F. Korbel & Bros., Inc., 13250 River Rd., Guerneville, CA 95446, or you may email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to (707) 824-7381.