inLux Fine Wine Transport is a joint venture between two family owned companies Biagi Bros. Warehousing & Transportation and the Jackson Family. Vin Lux offers a concierge level of service and handling of premium and luxury wines and can efficiently and accurately deliver to over 10,000 accounts throughout California.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Work Environment: Possesses and demonstrates HR expertise required to address a variety of initiatives, issues, business, work and growth challenges related to a demanding and growing California distributor business.
* Employee Relations: As HR Manager, is proactive, accessible, visible support to Managers and employees. Provides employee and management counseling in employee relations issues, understands various disciplinary processes and administration, supports conflict resolution,, conducts timely investigations, manages terminations ensuring compliance with legal requirements and company guidelines, conducts timely exit interviews, reports significant trends to management.
* Consulting: May attend regular staff meetings, provides viable options and solutions to address issues that may arise, knowledgeable of company policies and procedures and understands application in a variety of situations, possesses skills in change management and project management, stays alert to industry trends and practices.
* Benefits Planning, Administration and support: Provides Open Enrollment information, presentations and program expertise; provides on-going general benefit Information for employees and timely related communications. Receives, responds to and processes SDI, EDD, COBRA inquiries.
* Staffing/Recruiting: Prepares job descriptions, schedules and manages Pre-Employment testing; t provides support and direction for reference checking, interviewing, and offer letters; processes new hires and provides/oversees appropriate orientation for new employees for first day, week, month. Assists with sourcing temporary employees, works with temp agencies to ensure quality candidates for open positions; ensures temp agencies rates are competitive and quality candidate standards are being met.
* Policy and Procedures: Interprets and informs employees and management on Vin Lux Policy/Procedures, compliance requirements. Leads policy rollouts and updates according to company standards and requirements.
* Performance Management/Compensation: As appropriate, supports wage and salary Administration, Performance Evaluations, may participate in local Salary Surveys,
* Worker's Compensation/Leaves: Understands workers compensation practices; timely files all workers comp claims, arranges clinic appointments for injured workers, liaises with claims administrator as necessary to ensure clear communications/resolution of claims. Also liaises with employees and corporate leave to assist employees with LOA status.
* Basic Administration: Maintains accurate and confidential employee records and personnel files according to company protocols.
* Employment Law: Maintains knowledge & understanding of applicable Federal and State laws; understands importance and impact when assessing various employment practices and issues that may arise.
* Office Management: Manages functional operations and procedures and monitors to enhance timely and efficient workflow, including but not limited to: staffing, compliance, company records and filing systems, supplies and vendors.
* Payroll Processing: Supports payroll processing in the area of adherence to CA state employment wage and hour laws (through random audits of time reports). Understands and is able to communicate to employees the company pay guidelines as well as basic wage and hour requirements.
* Safety: Maintains all safety recordkeeping, including data reporting, tracking and filing and participating in the safety committee meetings. May works with Safety Manager to maintain and distribute the yearly safety agenda; may assist with developing and managing local incentive programs.
REQUIRED BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE:
* This is a generalist position.* Must possess Bachelor's degree in Business, Human Resources, or closely related field or equivalent experience PLUS 5 recent, relevant years of diverse experience in several areas of human resources.
* Works effectively with a variety of employees and management. Demonstrates the ability to value and utilize different styles, experiences, backgrounds and ideas. Can work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
* Uses good judgment, makes sounds and timely decisions. Maintains strict confidentiality. Possesses professional demeanor and develops solid and trusting business relationships.
* Must be proficient with intermediate to advanced computer skills in the following: MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Must also be competent in electronic calendar software (i.e. MS Outlook, GroupWise). Experience with JD Edwards a plus.
* Has excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Possesses commitment to excellence and high standards.
* Has strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
* Demonstrated strong attention to detail.
* Demonstrated ability to plan and organize projects.
* Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm and sense of urgency.
* Possesses a valid California Driver’s License and insurance; able to drive to meetings at other locations on occasional basis.
* Must have flexibility to work as required during peak times
* Position requires daily on-site presence; telecommuting, working remote not an option.
* Bilingual skills a plus.
* Wine industry experience helpful.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/86h66d8