The Vice President Lean Transformation is a true Lean champion and strategist who will craft and execute with excellence the roadmap for an all-encompassing Lean Transformation. This Lean leader oversees, directs and manages assigned staff and activities to drive Lean Methodology and effectively identify opportunities, analyze and solve organizational challenges, improve manufacturing systems, identify waste reduction opportunities and any other relevant continuous improvement initiatives. Work directly with the senior leadership team to ensure alignment and strategy deployment with Company goals as well as coach their development of Lean leadership competencies. Directly coaches all levels of the organization on Lean principles, management systems and practical daily application.
Duties/Essential Job Functions:
• Utilizes Lean, and other Continuous Improvement (CI) methodologies to drive a culture of learning, a dedication to ongoing improvement, and a focus on sustainable results.
• Develops, executes, and maintains CI plan in conjunction with leadership team to drive training and activities in support of ongoing process improvements.
• Identifies and works with team to execute projects in the Value Stream.
• Builds relationships with relevant stakeholders to understand current processes and associated challenges.
• Coordinates efforts with senior leaders and staff members in identifying improvement opportunities within the Company and develops justifications to substantiate potential cost savings.
• Develops, implements, and leads company-wide team efforts in establishing and/or improving key performance indicators such as manufacturing OEE (Overall Equipment Effectiveness), product quality, waste reduction, process performance, supply chain efficiency, energy conservation, safety, and operating costs.
• Ensures that associated performance management metrics aligned with CI activity are reflecting improvement and sustainment when in control phase.
• Reports out on CI activity, plans, and results to Senior Leadership Team during project report outs and in strategic planning meetings.
• Leads Kaizen Events, and trains and coaches the leadership team and cross functional lean coordinators network in the principles, methods, and applications of Lean techniques such that CI is integrated into management systems.
• Trains in Lean (tools, principles, activities, etc.), mentors, and develops team leaders whose primary responsibilities are problem solving, developing standardized work, and CI.
• Conducts analysis and utilizes value stream mapping and problem solving to establish and validate standards and to troubleshoot and streamline work flows.
• Fosters and drives the development of CI teams.
• Other responsibilities and duties as they arise in support of the organization.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher in Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Business, Purchasing, Computer Science or other related fields.
Recognized Formal Lean training and comprehensive knowledge, certification and practical application of Lean and continuous improvement methodologies and tools; i.e .Lean Engineer or Black Belt.
AME or LEI affiliation would be a plus.
10-15 years’ experience in a manufacturing and distribution environment with excellent track record of business results and increasingly higher levels of responsibility in line operations or manufacturing engineering leadership roles.
• 2-5 years’ experience in leading site/business unit/divisional level Lean implementation and change management initiatives, including continuous improvement efforts and projects using Lean methodologies and/or Toyota Production System is preferred.
• Proven success in a matrix organization.
• Proven leadership experience with significant and verifiable results.
• Strong experience with Lean training, development and coaching at all levels of the organization.
• Strong experience in developing and implementing strategy deployment and creating and leading a Lean transformation roadmap.
• Experience developing and leading organizational change management within Lean implementations
• Previous project management experience is a plus.
• Previous experience with make vs. buy analyzes and finance processes (balance sheet analyzes, capital investment analyzes, etc.).
• Proven experience leading CI projects.
• Experience in team development – problem solving, conflict resolution, building cooperative relationships, and effective communications.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills inclusive of change management methodology to give and share information to/with co-workers, customers and management in order to achieve optimum performance.
• Must have ability to influence at all levels of the organization.
• Must have the ability to see bigger picture and envision step-change scenarios.
• Must have a collaborative approach.
• Must have excellent interpersonal, time management, decision-making and conflict management skills.
• Must maintain high ethical standards to support a professional business code of conduct.
• Passion for driving business improvement and leading change in a large, complex, global environment.
• Strong coaching and mentoring skills.
• Accomplished written, oral and presentation skills.
• Ability to travel as needed.
• Broad knowledge of multi-functional, multi-site, global organizational processes and financial business methods.
• Detailed knowledge of quality theory and Lean tools and methodologies.
Delicato offers its employees a generous and comprehensive benefits package. The core health insurance components include medical, dental and vision, where Delicato covers nearly the entire cost for employees and a large percentage for dependents. Additional health benefits include life, disability and flexible spending accounts.