Jackson Family Wines is a family owned company based in Santa Rosa, California that oversees all of the wine production and marketing for the Jackson Family, including such well-known wine brands as Kendall-Jackson, La Crema, Murphy-Goode, Matanzas Creek, Cardinale, Stonestreet, Verite, Arrowood, Freemark Abbey, Cambria and Byron. The family owns thousands of acres of prime vineyard land in California, as well as wineries and vineyards in Australia, Chile, France and Italy. The family also owns numerous other wine industry businesses, including a barrel maker, and distribution companies.
The individual in this position will be responsible for inspecting and documenting packaging materials to confirm that they meet approved quality specifications, monitoring pre-bottled wine quality and legality, and performing quality line audits on wine and wine packaging during bottling. Additional duties include tracking wine, insuring label/wine accuracy, microbial planting and tacking, packaging experiments, data entry and communication of results to the packaging manager.
* Perform incoming inspections on packaging materials (wet glue and pressure sensitive labels, capsules, natural and synthetic corks, screw caps, and glass).
* Perform wine tracking to ensure legality of product label prior to bottling.
* Perform routine production line packaging quality audits.
* Work with production to maintain wine and packaging production quality.
* Perform packaging tests and analysis.
* Document sample results and create/update various files, forms, and reports using a computer.
* Prepare chemicals and plating media.
* Plate wine samples aseptically and efficiently, read plates (via visual or microscopic examination), and report plating results.
* Accurately perform basic winery wet chemistry.
* Track wine movement to bottling tank and verify that analysis is complete and within approved specifications.
* Track filtration of bottled wine.
* Operate basic measuring tools (calipers, balance, vacuum gauge, torque, extraction force, and seal tester) for packaging analysis.
* Perform other duties as assigned by manager.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/9ggfn7q