Under minimal supervision, works as part of a team to support Tasting Room operations in a manner that achieves the established financial goals, ensures a rich consumer experience, builds consumer loyalty and reflects the brand essence. Principal functions include cash register operations, product knowledge, product presentations, sales and service.
• Prepares the tasting room for daily opening and closing.
• Presents selected wines for tasting and assist consumers with their purchases.
• Acts as informed resource for consumers regarding winemaking, winegrowing, and wine vintages, availability of products and brand award and accolades.
• Understands and effectively communicates the Brand message.
• Operates cash registers and credit card terminals accurately and efficiently.
• Processes phone orders and wine shipping orders in compliance with federal and state regulations.
• Stocks merchandise and supplies as needed.
• Participates in quarterly inventories.
• Checks identification as required by state regulation for serving alcoholic beverages.
• Recognizes the symptoms of intoxication and informs a manager.
• Represents the company and brand, professionally, graciously and enthusiastically.
• Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
• Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory consideration.
• This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school diploma or GED plus 2 years tasting room, retail sales or hospitality experience.
• Cash register experience.
• Required to be 21 years of age or older.
• Work weekends and a flexible schedule up to 40 hours per week.
• Required to lift and move product weighing up to 50 pounds.
• Bachelor’s Degree plus 1 year of tasting room, retail sales or hospitality experience.
• Skilled in communication, presentation, sales and customer service.
• Skilled in calculating figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Skilled in applying concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Knowledge of wine and wine production.
• Knowledge of federal and state legal compliance related to tasting room operations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.