We are a boutique winery producing about 4,000 cases per year with the goal of expanding. We are seeking a professional winemaker to be part of our team.
This position reports to the owners and performs all duties pertinent to the production and development of premium quality wines. Applicant should have a full understanding and experience in every aspect of winemaking, with hands-on experience in harvest/fermentation, filtering, production/blending, and bottling. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, harvest/crush operations, post-harvest wine management, cellar/facility maintenance, all bottling operations, in-house wine lab, submitting purchase orders for winemaking supplies, maintaining winemaking records, inventory records and TTB reports.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
• Minimum 5 years experience as primary winemaker
• Bachelor’s degree in Enology/Fermentation Science/Viticulture or related science
• Computer skills with Microsoft Office
• Proven ability to produce award winning premium wines while maintaining the cost objectives of the winery, including wine/blend decisions, wine movement, finishing and bottling.
• Well developed leadership skills—the ability to analyze, problem-solve and adapt to changing priorities
• Experience with laboratory environment, equipment and safety procedures
• Ability to maintain equipment and a sanitary work environment
• Viticulture knowledge/picking decisions and assistance in field work as needed
• Knowledge of TTB and other regulations related to wine production and sale
• Ability to interact with internal and external customers and to represent the winery in the professional community
• Participate in sales, marketing and public relations to educate about the wines, winemaking vineyard and winery
• Participate in events and activities representing the company, ensuring a positive image
• Ability to lift 50 lbs.
• Ability to work extended hours especially during harvest
Compensation is commensurate with experience.
To learn more about us visit: www.SuperiorEstatesWinery.com
Please submit a resume, references and cover letter to:
Meyer & Associates
14776 West Center Road
Omaha, NE 68154